86 Bertone X1/9 for sale

hankamongus

hankamongus
I bought this car about 6 years ago from a guy in the Dallas/FT Worth area it had a few minor mechanical problems but extremely nice and rust free. It has an Ansa exhaust and a K&N style air filter. It had been recently painted red. It has been my daily driver some of the time since then. It has around 97k drives great. I made a few improvements and repairs since then. I replaced the upper engine mount , I replaced the CV axle boots with some better ones designed for a Subaru, I bought and installed some rebuilt rear lower control arms from midwest bayless, I replaced the water pump, alternator, and maybe a few other things I can't recall right now, and I elongated two bolt holes just a tiny bit in the rear struts where they bolt to the spindle which enabled me to align the wheels perfectly so it has just the right amount of negative camber to handle beautifully but the tires still last nicely, it hasadapter spacers to change the bolt pattern to 4x100 so there are an abundance of wheel choices. I installed some 15" wheels with very low profile tires I'm going by memory 195 35 ZR 15 I believe, the tires were around $100 each. I almost forgot I bought a reseal kit for the A/C compressor and got the cold air working and converted to R134a I have to recharge it periodically but it lasts the season. I also replaced the front and rear pads and rotors and replaced the clutch within the last 3000 miles. Since I have owned the car the paint has faded its dry, it was a single stage paint so no peeling clear just dry it needs to be painted. I currently have 5 vehicles and I have really enjoyed this X1/9 by far the best of the 4 I have owned but I'm going to see if someone else out there wants it. Due to the underwhelming response I'm now thinking $3000 or best offer. Give me a call if you have any interest 615-587-0867 I can message pictures . My name is Hank I am a factory trained BMW/MINI and former Porsche tech.

Last edited:
Pics

I know its a PIA but lots of pics, good stuff and bad, really will help you sell this car.

See if Richard Rawlings at Gas Monkey will bit on it. He's in your town, no? I'd love to see a Fast and Loud episode with an X in it. :)

oops, read that backward, just as well, Gas Monkey wouldn't respect it

Well, Richard did liked my X at the DFW Grapevine Italian car show,but I didn't even dare to ask if they were willing to do one....lol.They brought over their F40 for the show....

Back