87 Florida X on Ebay 16k miles [sold]

Congrats !!!

Looks like you got a GREAT deal!:thumbsup: Who did you use for shipping DAS? How much did that run if you don't mind me asking...

I make many trips up to Mystic,CT during the summer for the Aquarium etc. so maybe our paths might cross during the summer. Enjoy the new toy! :grin: Greg

Congrats

and welcome to Xweb! :)

Looks like you scored a sweet one there, thank you for joining to finish/start the story for us!

BTW, if its not enough a challenge for you, I have a great stripped rusted gutted '75 carcass I'd trade ya - all the tinkering you could ever hope for :D J/k, just cant really imagine hearing an X owner complain theres too LITTLE to fix... :hypno: ;)

I had the ebay seller (dealership) arrange transport, ran $625 Florida to Rhode Island. I'll try and post some photos online for you guys to check out. It really is a nice x19 and ive got to spend some more time on the mechanicals to see if there were any ill effects of the low miles/long storage.
Dave

moved

Moved this to the DF "for archival glory" on grounds of our "rare or noteworthy" FSW clause, as well as the fact its kind of turned into a new owner intro thread to boot :)

Congrats on the purchase!!

Looks really nice and well preserved. It should serve you long and well.

I picked up a 1986 21,000 mile 2-owner car back in 2005 and I have really enjoyed it. It's nice to have a "new" old car. I got mine for a little less than you paid, but of course it had 5,000 more miles than yours. :)

I have put almost 8,000 miles on the car since I bought it. I have driven back and forth from STL to Columbus, OH twice for Midwest X1/9 Open House events. And once to Memphis and back just to have lunch with Rudy and see the Fiat 500.
x19_500_jimd_rudy.jpg

x19_500_pyramid.jpg

I really enjoy traveling in the X, be sure to get yours out for a road trip when you get the chance.

BTW... do we have to call you Factory5man?? Seems kinda formal... :laugh:

I am an excellent driver, but only in the driveway.

I did drive it in the Marriott parking lot, but the RHD with the stick in the middle was a bit more to adapt to for me to feel comfortable on the street. I let Rudy handle the around town scooting. :)

Cute little car, nicely appointed too.

Nice! Congrats!

The broken dash clock is an easy fix. Usually a bad solder connection inside. Let me know if you need more details on that.
Also, consider an electric antenna as a replacement. The wiring for it is already there.

Yo Bob, whats this on the clock?? info please. Mine is also dead, checked the wiring all looks good. I have it out here sitting on my desk, so I can check any solders, but I haven't seen anything obviously wrong (by eye)...

Found out it was just the L 20 amp fuse, now courtesy lights work as well as the clock.

What a fun car to work on, simple mechanicals yet elegant and well engineered.

Fuel Injection Lines

The first thing I would check are the fuel injection hoses. They are definitely prone to leak with just sitting. With the car idling, look for any dripping. Enjoy.

Back