'87 X1/9 Asking For Help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]'87 X1/9 Asking For Help.....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 26 2001 at 9:15 AM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Daniel Sartin"); // --> </SCRIPT>Daniel Sartin <NOSCRIPT> Daniel Sartin </NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->My X is up and almost ready for the road!!!!! But I am still experiencing trouble with the transmission/clutch/and shifting. I had it out driving around my neighborhood, and noticed when shifting from 1st-2nd, it would grind. We took her back to the house and bled some air from the clutch. took it out and then it only did it when the car wasn't moving? What gives???? Is the slave Cyl. bad? (no sign of leaking fluid anywhere) and Master Cyl looks great, no sign of any fluid. Is it possible that there is still air that needs to be purged from the system? I am also needing a couple interior trim pieces (AC & clock surround AC has the round buttons), Also the fiberoptic cable with the wires on it out of the center console, and a nice set of the grey velour interior door panels. I have a set of leather VS Edition Interior panels that I would trade for a set. The VS ones are excellent, except that some idiot tried to dye them black, you can dye them back red or another color to use as an update to your vinyl doorpanels. I personally do not like leather so these are of no use to me. Could someone that has a repair manual please scan the diagrams of the shift linkage and clutch adjustment? The X says any help would be nice...

Thanks Alot,

Daniel Sartin
'87 X1/9 68,554
Med. Azzuro Met. over Black & Grey
Sutton, WV
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Tony Natoli"); // --> </SCRIPT>Tony Natoli <NOSCRIPT> Tony Natoli </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Daniel... coupla things...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 26 2001, 10:10 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->1. Congrats on gettin' the car up and runnin!

2. Haynes Manuals are far from perfect but combined with this site... offer a good deal of insight. Get one offa eBay even if its for an 80. They run from 5 to 12 bucks.

3. Clutch bleeding is best done with a POWER bleeder from the reservoir... or with a vacuum bleeder at the slave cylinder. To do it manually with help... Loosen the flex line fitting AT THE slave cylinder and re-tighten. Have friend pump three times and hold down... while you loosen the fitting. DO this several times to bleed all the air outta the line.

RECHECK reservoir... then do the same thing again using the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder.

I know this sounds weird... but it was the only way I got all the air outta my line.

BTW, the throw of the slave cylinder should be about a full inch!

For your other needs... Give my friend Derrick a call at Giant Auto Wrecking in Newhall Ca. He ships UPS and his prices are more than fair, the call is free. 800-424-4677.

4. I'm sure there is at least one other owner in WV that could help you... check out:

http://americanx19.tripod.com/owner.htm

Ooooops... that's you! HA!

5. I dyed my vinyl door panels black and don't consider myself an idiot. Crazy maybe, but not an idiot. They look great! I plan on doing another set on my "new" car! I don't know how you could ruin them unless its simply the color you object to!

Good luck and...

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
Two '79s, WHITE FANG and BLACKTOOTH<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back