903cc Water Pumps?

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
Ok,
Just curious, what is the deal with the 4 hole water pumps? I was looking online and it seems that they have disappeared? I usually replace the entire pump, but it looks like I might have to rebuild one the next time. I see the three hole pumps, but not the later version. Also, are there different 4 hole pumps used in Europe for the 850 series? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ok,
Just curious, what is the deal with the 4 hole water pumps? I was looking online and it seems that they have disappeared? I usually replace the entire pump, but it looks like I might have to rebuild one the next time. I see the three hole pumps, but not the later version. Also, are there different 4 hole pumps used in Europe for the 850 series? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
I don't know about in the US, but I saw one on a vendor's website in Europe the other day. I think it was this one at oldtimer-shop.eu https://www.oldtimer-shop.eu/parts/...MIv629sYGK6QIVPYBQBh2jXAMNEAMYASAAEgKF6fD_BwE Not bad at 96.90 Euro (plus shipping). Shipping out of Europe is going to be a bit slower at the moment. Maybe finding a rebuild kit is the way to go? If you want something quicker out of Europe, I'd get a vendor to ship by courier like say DHL.

The Euro and US pumps are the same.

Yes, I did see those, Sent a note via email and messenger (Facebook), but it looks like the company is not very active on Facebook. I have not heard anything. Anyone have experience with the company, Old-timer Shop?
I would guess the USA dealers would of bought up the stock, but will see if I get a response. I was hoping that someone overseas might know more. Of course, with the "virus life" continues, I am sure most have bigger things to think about than vintage car parts...... But I was surprised to find very little stock or availability of these.

Yes, I did see those, Sent a note via email and messenger (Facebook), but it looks like the company is not very active on Facebook. I have not heard anything. Anyone have experience with the company, Old-timer Shop?
I would guess the USA dealers would of bought up the stock, but will see if I get a response. I was hoping that someone overseas might know more. Of course, with the "virus life" continues, I am sure most have bigger things to think about than vintage car parts...... But I was surprised to find very little stock or availability of these.
How about inquiring on the FB 850 group? Lots of folks from everywhere there.

I did see a 4-bolt pump on ebay.it for 400 Euro... :eek:

I've had good luck with both Italian and German sellers on ebay.

Maybe there is a marketing opportunity for 3 bolt to 4 bolt adapter plates?

Another option.....I know many 850 pump bodies are corroded but if yours is ok there are plenty of water pump rebuilders for vintage cars. I used one in Tucson Az for my Fiat 1100 (can’t remember the name, of course)
I remember paying about $100.

Midwest/Bayless mentioned an adapter plate that they are working on, so hopefully that solves that issue. I was always under the impression that the 3 hole was less common than the 4 hole, but I guess not. I am no expert, but it looks like there are more 817 and 843 motors than the 903. Never ordered parts from overseas before for this car, so hopefully it all goes smoothly :)

I do have a bunch of cores, so rebuilding sounds like a great option too. Midwest/Bayless has the rebuild kits. Will be ordering those next week.

Just speculating but I'd bet Fiat keep cranking out 817/843 motors in Poland, Yugoslavia, Spain, Argentina (and god knows where else) for decades. The 903 ended up in the 127 and
Autobianchi, more upmarket cars. The FWD version uses a different water pump than the 903.

Back