A deletion and a new addition.......

jimmyx

True Classic
I decided to finally part with my 1960 F-100 Home Depot/Parts Runner. I'm tired of not being able to hear myself think while driving. You can get cranky in your old age and what used to be cool is not all that anymore. Took awhile to find a suitable replacement, but it's smooth, it's quiet and it's NOT a project!

Out with the old...

IMG_5213.jpg

In with the new....

551ed6003c194000b58790a368cf8230.jpg

A well thought out transition....although a quiet exhaust and electric cutouts would have helped you keep the pickup!
I bought a 72 El Camino new as my daily driver and motocross bike hauler. 350/4-speed. Yes, of course I wish I still had it, but I don't.

although a quiet exhaust and electric cutouts would have helped you keep the pickup!
I tried that Carl. That truck was was modern underneath (IFS front, discs, a/c, etc.) and could cruise the freeways at 75 all day long. Unfortunately it has the aerodynamic profile of a brick, so the wind noise is what wears you out. I Dynamatted the interior, new seals and weatherstrips on everything and nothing made a dent in it. That cab is just one big echo chamber. So after years of playing with it I finally had to admit defeat. For almost all my life I've had some version of a '60s El Camino around, and that F-100 was the first time I strayed from tradition. In all other ways it was a fantastic truck, but the ruckus in the cab drove me back to what I know gets the job done without wearing me out. I still do have my Dodge A-100 pickup with an old school hemi that has even worse aerodynamics, but I only pull that out of the garage to scare children and piss off my HOA, so it's not used like a real truck.;)

it's NOT a project!
Let me quote myself here....

Install:
3-Point Belts
Vintage Air
Complete Wiring Harness
Dash Cosmetics
Custom VDO Gauge Cluster
Retro Bluetooth Radio
Kick Panels/Speakers
All Dash Switches
Wiper Motor
Windshield Washer (Complete System)
Horns, and on and on, and on.

Don't let anyone b.s. you - no matter how good they are, old stuff equals new work; without exception.

IMG_5668.jpg
IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

Let me quote myself here....

Install:
3-Point Belts
Vintage Air
Complete Wiring Harness
Dash Cosmetics
Custom VDO Gauge Cluster
Retro Bluetooth Radio