A dilemma!

Thanks Chris

Good advice, but I only have room in my heart for one sports car.

I'm hopeful that if I save my money the car will be there when I can get it, otherwise I'll pick up a fixer...

... Dealers knew you couldn't get them insured and would pray the new owner would drive it home before discovering it could not get insurance coverage from all of the normal companies...

That was very true. I bought my Scorpion around 1981 (a green 1976 with 16,000 miles) and my insurance agent couldn't give me a price quote on it. As I recall, it was listed as uninsurable and you needed to add it to an existing insurance policy.

When I asked my agent how much, he told me cars were rated by the alphabet A-Z. The agents had figures for cars rated up to T, the Scorpion was rated as an X or Y and would have to be done at the home office.

I bought it anyway (it was the ultimate Fiat for a Fiat lover) and sweated the first insurance bill. The car was definitely worth it.

I say if you have a chance to buy one go for it. Buy the best one you can get. Be careful were you park it and enjoy a unique example of Italian design.:worship:

Back