Abarth Faza engine is back....

petex19

True Classic
I can't seem to find the original thread but I was doing my daily ritual of looking through all Ebay "Fiat X1/9" items for sale and sure enough the same Abarth Faza engine is For Sale again with a bid of $850.00 already on it as of last night and three days to go.

The last winner was for $1850.00 I believe so he must have been a dead beat bidder or picked it up and like most Xweb'ers realized it was more of a fake then legit and has already re-listed it to try to recover some of his expense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiat...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

'PeteX1/9

Same seller...

... same seller as last time though, so the buyer must have not gone ahead with the purchase (maybe the scorpion scratched off on further inspection?).

Cheers,
Dom.

maybe we should introduce the seller to this guy:
1300.png

I bet they'd get along nicely. :whistle:

I guess he called Guy Moerenhout in Belgium...

Now he is selling out of the USA ...

JON- THE OWNER
February 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm
TO STINGER, airboss16 and papiko,

The distaste that I had with with the majority of people was rhose that share the opinion of STINGER AND AIRBOSS16.

They don’t own one, probably have never seen one and they have NO CLUE as to the actual value of the ABARTH SCORPIONE.

PAPIKO is right!!! BY the way there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR Papiko. These guys just don’t get it, but you and I do. I have spoken with Guy * the ABARTH MUSEUM and he has advised me to sell it overseas and NOT to an AMERICAN.

Time will tell and I sincerely appreciate your support in my efforts. Also, it is the mentality and arguementative nature like STINGER AND Airboss16, is why I chose to kill the auction on e-bay at the last minute. Peopple like just are not worth listening to or wasting my time.

Papiko, if you could find a way to get you’re e-mail address to me at JVEVIKING*COMCAST.NET that would be greatly appreciated.

maybe we should introduce the seller to this guy:

I don't think Guy Moerenhout is involved...

Now he is selling out of the USA ...
PAPIKO is right!!! BY the way there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR Papiko. These guys just don’t get it, but you and I do. I have spoken with Guy * the ABARTH MUSEUM and he has advised me to sell it overseas and NOT to an AMERICAN.

From your quote it seems that the seller asked Guy Moerenhout for advice (Guy is a renowned Abarth expert in Belgium). And you are referring to the car rather than the engine here, right?

Cheers,
Dom.

Guy Croft » Fiat X19 1500 race prepped head

Ready very soon and in prep now, GC prepped competition-spec X19 head and parts as follows:

Fiat X19 head (near new - mint condition, low hours run ex test head from Shell Petroleum). This is the late style with 10mm head bolts. The head will be fully gasflowed, deshrouded, GC race guides, full spec race seat grind, deburred, refaced, ready to build to the usual high GC standards. The valve tips will be higher than standard after completion and use of a competition cam will make shimming a lot easier but this head will suit standard cam or comp cam. Suitable for ANY inlet/fuel system you use and exhaust requirement will depend on cam.

Complete with:
New OE spec valves, 36/33 (exhaust are one-piece 21-4N stainless)
Cam box prepped and ready to build
Spring seats, collets and caps

Available as above at £850 plus vat (EU) and shipping. 10% discount to website members

Read more.
http://www.guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2134

Back