After market replacements for the wire that secures the fuel injection connector

bavaria72

True Classic
Ok, somewhere along the line I have lost the 4 little metal wire things that hold the fuel injection connector to the fuel injector during my replacement of the head. With it being Sunday and me really wanting to finish up buttoning the old gal together has someone here come up with an alternate for it? Is it a standard Bosch part? Would a local AutoZone/O’Riley’s Auto part store stock them? Has somebody crafted their own out of a paper clip? Thanks - Art

the retaining rings are available separately. I have a bin of them in my FI parts kit. If you decide to replace the connector, get the BMW style. They have clips that are very easy to disengage

the retaining rings are available separately. I have a bin of them in my FI parts kit. If you decide to replace the connector, get the BMW style. They have clips that are very easy to disengage

Volvo also switched to the 'quick' release style Bosch connector in the mid 80's - I was considering cutting all mine off & redoing them while the head was off, but, none of them broke when I removed them (I just rock the connector side to side as I pull) so, nah....:rolleyes:

I ended up using safetly wire. Just wrappd it around the connector in the grove that the stock quick disconnect went and it worked like a charm. I did go to Autozone and they wanted $9.90 each for the one used on an '83 944. Safety wire was much cheaper! Thanks - Art

Back