Aftermarket Seats

mike3487

1980 X
I did a search and found abunch of threads about aftermarket seats and though tit could be a good idea to make on thread showing what seats every one has and how they fit, im trying to find a good seat for my car.

I've had a couple different styles..

My original X1/9 leather seats were pretty beat up so many years ago I went with Momo Racing seats with harnesses. They looked great and I fit like a glove in them but I'm only 160lbs so anyone wider then me didn't fit so good.:)

After about 10 years I sold them to Matt Brannon of Midwest X1/9 for a set of Black Leather original X1/9 seats and money difference.
I still have that set which I'm willing to sell but this past fall I purchased a gorgious set of Red leather Honda S2000 seats which cost me a fortune but look spectacular in an X1/9.

URL=http://img517.imageshack.us/i/pa280015.jpg/]
pa280015.jpg
[/url]

I was repairing my door lock this day so no handle in photo :lol:

'PeteX1/9

How did the momo fit hight wise, I bought a set of miata seats which fit great in the car but they set me up to high when mounted to the stock sliders, so now I am looking for somthing else

Hey Cool!

I've been looking to do something like that! I made an ill-conceived attempt with MR2 seats -they were too tall, and too thick -not EVEN close.

How much mod did you have to do with the S2000 seats? What year? Did you lose any headroom or leg room?

Momo fitment....

I mounted the Momo's with the Fiat sliders since they fit perfectly and the seats mounted directly to the floor in stock location and the seating heat was just like stock seats, maybe even a little lower then stock. Very easy install for sure.

'PeteX1/9

Honda S2000 seat fitment...

Wow reading about your experience with MR2 seats makes me realize how lucky I am since I blindly bought the S2000 seats knowing only the width and they fit great. I modified absolutely nothing other then I drilled four new holes through the floor for mounting bolts and that's it. I sit about 2" higher but I'm only 5'7" so I don't mind that at all. The wind actually blows my hair now :grin: I also don't have a stock steering wheel as the Momo is only 13" diameter so the S2000 seats probably wouldn't work well with a stock size steering wheel.

'PeteX1/9

I want to go with Momo Start seats
3m23oe3l95Y55Z55R1a4e48864b4a8d9d17d2.jpg

or these in fiberglass,
25u2jon.jpg

I want to try to sit low, the stock seat for me is perfect but i figure its lower than normal because the foam is shot, it has a 7 inch rip in it so i want to replace it with something nicer

Be careful!

I have a Sparco Sprint 07 in mine when I hit the track and it is absolutely terrible to get in and out of the car with the high full-race side bolsters.

seatr.jpg

For the street, I would choose a less extreme design.

I have a Sparco Sprint 07 in mine when I hit the track and it is absolutely terrible to get in and out of the car with the high full-race side bolsters.

For the street, I would choose a less extreme design.

Is your steering wheel removable? Makes all the difference on a spec Miata.

BrianM

Back