Alfa at top or close to in 2023 JD Power surveys?

Saw that too. My 2017 Giulia has over 80,000 miles and other than a couple of turbo o-ring issues (covered by warranty) has needed only regular service. It’s been an excellent daily driver.

Likewise, my 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio had been in the shop once, for a bad relay in the air conditioning system. otherwise it has been immaculate.

I believe the early Giulia quality woes were greatly exaggerated by the automotive press based on Alfa's reputation from the 1970's and 1980's.

Wish I could say the same. Bought my wife's 2018 Stelvio new and have never experienced a vehicle with so many failures; ever. Oil pump, oil cooler, radiator, software issues (in limp home mode endlessly), the list goes on and on. Last year got it back from the dealer after paying a huge sum for routine service work. When I got the car home I detected a very slight odor of coolant from the exhaust. Took a close look under the hood and found the telltale signs of a beginning head gasket leak (also a common failure on these). Never drove it again until the final drive to trade it in at 46,000 miles. Luckily I was able to dump it at the height of the used car market, so the cost of ownership over 4 years was actually minimal. The inconvenience level was not minimal. This one ranks up there as the biggest POS I've ever had in 50+ years of driving, and the Stelvio forums are packed with either similar tales of woe, or people holding their breath hoping they're not next. The first 2 years were virtually flawless, but once it started approaching the 30,000 mile mark it was downhill from there.

Back