Alignment Question

ernie42

Daily Driver
Hi guys I"m getting ready to put my 74 sedan back on the road and am about to get the wheel alignment done and I was wondering if anyone could let me know what settings they are using.
Mines has been lowered 35mm with SL front struts and springs and a reset rear spring. Has new standard Boge inserts all round and I have modified the fronts so that I have fully adjustable camber.

The manual I have says the factory specs are
Front
Toe –in (loaded) 0 (+/-) 2mm
Caster (loaded) 2deg 15’ (+/-) 30’
Camber (loaded) 1deg 30’ (+/-) 30’

Rear
Toe –in (loaded) 5 (+/-) 2mm
Camber (loaded) -2deg (+/-) 20’

I have read that people have run -1deg camber on the front with good results, and -2 to -3 deg negative on the rear. Are these specs acceptable on a road car?
But no one seems to mention what adjustment to toe or caster they are running.
If anyone could give me any info on a good starting point (unloaded if possible) I would greatly appreciate it
Cheers
Evan R

Last edited:
alignment

Thanks for that link JIm-

after talking to a few people and finding similar links this is what I have come up with for a 74 sedan lowered 40mm with adjustable front camber

All readings unloaded

Front:
Camber - .8 deg
Toe In + .5mm (total +1mm)
Caster + 1.5 deg +/- .16 deg (loaded +2.25 +/- .25 deg)

Rear Camber - 2 deg
Toe In 0 deg

If anyone can see any glaring errors could they let me know as it goes in for alignment on Monday
cheers
Evan

these cars are very sensitive to toe setting

mine was set up similar to yours, and it needed a bit of toe out, or the turn in felt clumsy, and it would have tire squeal when i wasn't even pushing it hard. other thing is the sway bar bushings are what hold the toe in geometry in place-funky 70's cheap front end design. any play there (and there usually is) and the alignment is actually wandering all over the place as you corner under load. I remember finding some heavier duty bushings to replace the factory ones that helped lessen that a lot. Alfa control arm bushings or something i had laying around. may be a good idea to have some urethane ones machined up if not already done.

Hi guys I"m getting ready to put my 74 sedan back on the road and am about to get the wheel alignment done and I was wondering if anyone could let me know what settings they are using.

I lowered my 75 128 front and back. Made my own polyurethane bushings and zeroed everything out. Worked for me for many years.

Back