Am I not seeing it?

syata

True Classic
I just got my X recently. It is a 1986 fuel injected. I am trying to locate the distick to check the oil. I have looked over and over, but can't find the dipstick.

I see the oil cap, but where is the dipstick? It is probably right in front of me.

Thanks.

Thanks

I found it, the rubber stopper is bad on the stick and the stick is further down the shaft.

Thanks for your fast replies.

If yours is loose in the tube

If yours is loose in the tube, but still soft enough that you think you can remove it, try this DIY trick. Use thick-walled heat shrink tubing of an appropriate diameter and place about 1" on the stick in the seal area. Reinstall the seal and the extra stick girth will make the seal fit tighter in the tube.:italia:

Simple stopper fix

I set the stopper where it should be along the dipstick since it was not cracked or is coming apart. On the top of the stopper, so the part that does not go into the oil tube, I put JB Weld on the metal dipstick. I let it dry over night and put it back in the tube. I also set a small washer on top of the JB Weld to make it look a little nicer. Drove to work this morning and it is still ok.

Back