Another "first" ride...

slaponte

The Iron Monkey
Well, after all this time, I got to have another "first ride" on my little X last night. Having solved the battery/starter/ignition failure trio, and replaced the brake reservoir yesterday and bleed brakes (still not perfect, but almost), I went for a ride to warm the car up for tranny fluid change. Redline is in there now.

So we took it out last night to Bahama Breeze, for some well deserved beers and coconut shrimp. :) Did I tell you I sneaked the speakers in there and I have sound? From the good old AM/FM/Tape unit? LOL

The ride went well, shifts are smoother (still hard to find 5th, but getting there as well). The car starts well and runs well. Of course, been an older car, I inmediatly felt the next repairs... the suspension all around is not good. Driveable, but a little bouncy and knocking here and there. So I will probably have to do struts all around.

I will talk about the dash on the workshop forum. :p

I want to take a moment to thank the forum for the great info and patience. I lurk here almost every single day. I don't post often, but you all know much more than me that what could I possibly add? Also a HUGE thanks to Mad Matt. He has everything I need, and helps out answering questions about fit and options. Really an outstanding asset to this community.

More picts as soon as I get to wash it up a bit. :)

Back