Another "heat went away " but with a twist

bruakeman

True Classic
I had the same experience, more or less. At first I was having running issues with my engine. Injected 85. It would start fine, and run fine except you could just barely feather the throttle or it would buck. Then I had the no heat issue start. I had some antifreeze in the reservoir, thought it was OK. No reliable heat.
I took another look at the reservoir, noted how low the bottom of the tank was versus the head---Hmmm.
I added about a jug of antifreeze, could still ad more. Heat is back to it's run you out of the car normal, AND the engine is running normal. I suspect one of the temp sensors for the injection was giving false readings. Car runs flawless again.
No signs of any leaks or any antifreeze scent or blowing out the pipe.

What unit of measure is a 'Jug' ?

Curious. The tank itself looks to hold about 2 liters. :confuse2:

jug

The resevoir is not all above the engine. I believe if the level gets low enough it is also low in the head, thus as you fill the resevoir you are also filling the engine per se, to a point.Hence the resevoir seems to hold more than it should. This is not like filling an overflow tank that only fills when the radiator gets hot enough or full of expanding hot coolant to open the cap, etc.

Back