Any Miata Seat Pics?

jharrellh

Daily Driver
I found some seats locally, but before I spend the cash, I would like to see a pair of 89-95 seats in an X. Searched the archives, but it looks like the pic links are all outdated.

I am still looking for a passenger side Bertone leather seat, but until one finally turns up it seems like the Miata seats might be the way to go. The black cloth is not too bad, and there are plenty of aftermarket leather options available.

Regards,
James H

Dont know much about that, but theres a 06 sentra sitting at my house. It was totaled 2 weeks ago, the black front buckets look pretty good so I measured them out and they look like they might fit my spider. They still look new.

Here is a link to Danmy Mehl's Miata modified X

Xseats_0009.jpg

http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/message/993240526

I think they look nice.

Here you go..

For the life of me I can't remember what year these seats are. :) I had new leather stitched up for them.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Looks great!

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I found some Miata seat dimensions on line and compared them to my stock leather seat, interestingly enough they were within .5" in every direction except the front cushion height, which is about 1" higher.

Did you use the Fiat tracks, Mazda sliders, or a combination?

Thanks!
JHH​

This is what the current generation (2008/2009) Miata seats look like in the X.. This set came from a Miata used parts shop that removed them new Miatas that are being prepped for driver's school at the track. These work pretty well in the X.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/message/1213803536/2007_08+Miata+Seats+in+the+X

The stock rails were used as they are of higher quality than Miata seat rails and fit the stock floor pan mounting points. The stock X seat mounting to the floor pan is three layer sandwich which is designed to keep the seat from becoming detached or move excessively during a crash.. Even the stock X seat mounting hardware are M8 socket head, grade 8.8, plated to limit corrosion.

Earlier X1/9's have seat rails spot welded to the floor pan... Depending on year and seat chosen, your seat conversion will vary.

Don't take mounting seats into any car lightly, poor seat mounting or less than capable parts can be lethal in a crash.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I found some Miata seat dimensions on line and compared them to my stock leather seat, interestingly enough they were within .5" in every direction except the front cushion height, which is about 1" higher.

Did you use the Fiat tracks, Mazda sliders, or a combination?

Thanks!
JHH​

sliders

I used the stock Fiat sliders and made up some custom mounts to fit the Miata bolt patterns. I think the Miata was about an inch wider than the Fiat. Glad the photos worked for you. They sit well, but the front of the seat is indeed higher than stock. No problems as I like it like that.

Tony

Did you ever get around to tidying up the install info?

In your old post you mention

"Will clean up the chicken scratch and post later for any who are interested."

Did you ever get around to doing so?

Many thanks.

Karl

Back