Anybody in the PNW need sheetmetal/body parts? (crushing imminent)

AleX1/9

Has the sickness
BF51B447-9E90-4966-B2F5-0C098C145BBA-928-000000D09637821C.jpg

She's gettin the big squeeze this weekend. If anybody wants free body parts and are willing to come harvest them (or pay me to do so) speak now or forever hold your peace! Greg if you see this maybe point your FEN friend who needed a fender to this post. Car is in Port Orchard, WA

Last edited:
pictures of the back?

any chance you could post a picture of the rear lower panels? like the right and left valence panels.
thanks,
Josh

I hope...

You're not crushing that early dash are you? Or is it in such a state as to be unsavable?

BF51B447-9E90-4966-B2F5-0C098C145BBA-928-000000D09637821C.jpg

She's gettin the big squeeze this weekend. If anybody wants free body parts and are willing to come harvest them (or pay me to do so) speak now or forever hold your peace! Greg if you see this maybe point your FEN friend who needed a fender to this post. Car is in Port Orchard, WA

any chance you could post a picture of the rear lower panels? like the right and left valence panels.
thanks,
Josh

they're both kinda rusty and not straight but possibly useable??

19CAF403-C0C7-40B2-B3E6-13EB793A2578-928-000000D34D4BA6C2.jpg

86A26D63-CCCB-471D-AAA2-68ED8D37AD22-928-000000D33EF4765D.jpg

You're not crushing that early dash are you? Or is it in such a state as to be unsavable?

I know better than to crush a nice dash! This one's got cracks on the top and, everywhere really

66150AC6-0A5D-4368-A4BB-C234BF77DDC1-928-000000D337771770.jpg

Hi, I am George, Greg's FEN friend that is looking for a front passenger side fender. Does the passenger side front fender on this car have any rust? It looks pretty straight on the picture.

Let me know if it is rust free. If so, I could try and come out this Saturday to take it off the car. Would you mind if I cut it off the car with a sawzall?

George

fender

Hi, I am George, Greg's FEN friend that is looking for a front passenger side fender. Does the passenger side front fender on this car have any rust? It looks pretty straight on the picture.

Let me know if it is rust free. If so, I could try and come out this Saturday to take it off the car. Would you mind if I cut it off the car with a sawzall?

George

Hi George, welcome to xweb!

Rust free, yes. straight? Definitely not... There's a nasty dent in the front:
07B6C15E-9A41-45F7-B32E-BCDBFA26F05F-291-00000043F379168A.jpg

And the rear wheel well opening kinda curves in (hard to photograph):
D40A0A16-1150-4AD3-A074-F5350F0E48A7-291-000000440DF1A8E0.jpg

both could be straightened, but honestly if I was going through all the work to replace a fender like this, I would want a dead straight one. I was hoping you needed the driver's side as that one's better. The recycling facility is only open from 10-1 on saturday so if you wanted it you'd have to come in the morning. Let me know.

Hi;

I don't know if this has already been taken or not.

I'd like to have the bracket that holds the Prop Rod Assembly at the bottom for the Engine Cover or the Rear Trunk. I think they are the same and I thought they might be for the 74, 75, not sure.

I think it would have to be cut out with a few inches on all sides so I could use it on a 1974 that has had it removed in the restore of the car.

Would you be willing to cut that out for me?

If so, How much including shipping?

Thanks,

Joel

You mean....

Hi;

I don't know if this has already been taken or not.

I'd like to have the bracket that holds the Prop Rod Assembly at the bottom for the Engine Cover or the Rear Trunk. I think they are the same and I thought they might be for the 74, 75, not sure.

I think it would have to be cut out with a few inches on all sides so I could use it on a 1974 that has had it removed in the restore of the car.

Would you be willing to cut that out for me?

If so, How much including shipping?

Thanks,

Joel

like this?

5EA4DB1E-12F0-4DA2-9F29-0447224C913B-291-0000005B6A67C1F1.jpg

I had already cut it out of the 78 because I thought I'd need it to convert my 82 to the earlier style engine cover. Then I got a 76 which had the spring type like the later cars...so no conversion necessary i guess? I like how it props the lid up instead of springing it back, not enough to actually weld it on though.

Just went and looked at both engine covers and they're different. The prop rod has a special slot it goes into, where the spring type just has the little dowel for the round bushing to go through. I guess it would depend on which type your engine cover has. let me know

isn't that a limited edition?

if it is the one that the broken rim came off it should have a number plate and flag on the fender. atleast if the PO didn't remove it.
might want to note which numbered limited edition is getting crushed.

check vin/date, it should be like this one.
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/17444/

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, Mine is the early spring type (1974) with the bobbin, and the mount just has holes in it for the prop rod to fasten in on either side due to the curves rod ends

I can probably make one to bolt in, but I thought if and original one was available I could try to find a way to fasten it to the firewall.

Thanks anyhow.

still have it

turns out nobody will crush a car without a title like was common only a few years ago... Uncle sam cracking down??

Anyway this body (whole or part) is free to anyone who wants it. I'll have it for at least another 4 weeks while I wait for the lost title process...

Yep, been there done that. All because of the crack head metal thieves.

I took in some aluminum shavings from my lathe, $3.00 worth, they had to make out a check and mail it to me.

Why not deal with the criminals instead of making the law abiding suffer!

Windshield?

What shape is the windshield in? Any chips or cracks? I would just about make the journey down from Vancouver BC to attempt an extraction if it is worth salvaging.
Cheers,
Chris

What shape is the windshield in? Any chips or cracks? I would just about make the journey down from Vancouver BC to attempt an extraction if it is worth salvaging.
Cheers,
Chris

windshield is cracked and not useable sorry

Back