Anyone ever used one of these (gap seat filler) in a X19?

tvmaster

True Classic
I'd say not much space in an exxy for a cup holder.

If you do need a drink while driving, may I suggest this?
iu

I didn't see one specifically Italian unfortunately but as its December, how about one of these.

iu

Sorry you caught me in a silly mood :)

I don't see how you could possibly drive in modern traffic, constantly look at your temperature and voltage gauge, monitor your newly added air/fuel gauge read your text messages....and grab a drink all at the same time.

By the way, the lady in the big ass sedan that wiped out both my Xs parked in front of my house and flipped her car over on it's side was reaching over to grab her coffee mug that was, I assume, in a cup holder.

We can all see this thread is falling off the edge of usefulness....it happens here occasionally.

But what if you want to stop at the drive-thru on your way home to pick up a drink for the wife? I usually ask for a drink tray, but it would be nice to have a cup holder (and not something I have to wear on my head), preferably a gimballed device that keeps the drink from spilling during aggressive driving. It would be nice if it could keep the drink hot or cold as well, perhaps something with a peltier element, but I doubt the X1/9 alternator could power one. It should be made in Italy as well, or Germany at the very least.

1703078568219.png

I don't see how you could possibly drive in modern traffic, constantly look at your temperature and voltage gauge, monitor your newly added air/fuel gauge read your text messages....and grab a drink all at the same time.

By the way, the lady in the big ass sedan that wiped out both my Xs parked in front of my house and flipped her car over on it's side was reaching over to grab her coffee mug that was, I assume, in a cup holder.

We can all see this thread is falling off the edge of usefulness....it happens here occasionally.
Thanks, I’ll remember that. I should have known…. I won’t report back if it’s successful ;)

Consuming lots of water is vital to good health. You can drink it while waiting at traffic signals, as you exit/enter your car in parking lots, or any other time when you're not actively driving the car. So having a place to keep a water bottle in every vehicle is a good thing in my opinion. And with the X being so small it presents a challenge to adding a bottle holder. We've had a couple of "drink holder in the X" discussions in the past. And there's been some decent suggestions made. See if you can find any of those older threads.

My daily driver (not a X) needs something to fill the gap between the seat and the center console. There's just enough room for keys, pens, etc to fall through. And reaching under the power seats to retrieve them is not only difficult but dangerous - there are a lot of sharp objects under there. I've looked at a couple of those "gap filler" products but haven't seen one that I really like.

Consuming lots of water is vital to good health. You can drink it while waiting at traffic signals, as you exit/enter your car in parking lots, or any other time when you're not actively driving the car. So having a place to keep a water bottle in every vehicle is a good thing in my opinion. And with the X being so small it presents a challenge to adding a bottle holder. We've had a couple of "drink holder in the X" discussions in the past. And there's been some decent suggestions made. See if you can find any of those older threads.

My daily driver (not a X) needs something to fill the gap between the seat and the center console. There's just enough room for keys, pens, etc to fall through. And reaching under the power seats to retrieve them is not only difficult but dangerous - there are a lot of sharp objects under there. I've looked at a couple of those "gap filler" products but haven't seen one that I really like.
Not a fan of other methods seen in other threads regarding this. These designs may be useful for several reasons, the first being the ability to easily throw it in the trunk when not being used. The idea being a temporary option in those rare times when you just want the bottle of water to stay put until you reach the destination, not as a reason to drink while driving necessarily, unlike our British friends desires lol

To drive my X, I need to slide the seat back as far as it will go. That leaves just enough room to squeeze a water bottle between the seat back and rear firewall near the tunnel. I find it quite easy to reach and it stays where I put it.

To drive my X, I need to slide the seat back as far as it will go. That leaves just enough room to squeeze a water bottle between the seat back and rear firewall near the tunnel. I find it quite easy to reach and it stays where I put it.
What I also do currently. When other things aren't there...

Back