Are there ANY decent 850 Coupes in eastern US?

Here you go. Greenville, SC

When the price says "Inquire".... I think that means it will be high. ;)

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/fiat/850/1794989.html

Looks pretty nice though.

53791625-770-0.jpg

Well I have one and it is pretty nice, original sunburnt nice so not beautiful...

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

There was a restorable one south of you in North Carolina not that long ago, I will see if I can find the link. It was part of a group of 850s that they were asking *3k for three cars.

Yours is nice, Karl! However the prices of the Italian cars, especially after throwing in shipping, Customs etc., are not nice.

Guess I'll just add 850 Coupe to my bucket list :)

I gotta ask...

Is the car I pointed to even an "850 coupe"? It doesn't look like Karl's in any way other than the 2 doors. :) Or is the difference in looks due to "coupe" vs "sport coupe"?

Oddly the 850 Sedan which you showed an image of, is a two door coupe but the 850 Coupe and 850 Sport Coupe (which I own) are also two door coupes.

The 850 series was Fiats mid size and part of the product line was intended to compete with all of the carrozzeria specials based on both the 500 and 600 chassis cars. This is why they actively designed a sportier coupe and a spider to sell as a Fiat.

Last edited:
Dave, you could have bought mine locally.....when I sold it in 1970ish. I sold it to buy a Sunbeam Alpine. I don't think you were even born yet, were you.

Aw, come on, Carl, I'm nearly the same age as you ;) Graduated high school in 1975, bought my first car (a '68 VW Squareback) soon afterwards. Had I known you (and Fiats) then, I would have OF COURSE bought your 850 Coupe.

Back