Armrest with Cupholders

lookforjoe

True Classic
Added the ONE thing the interior really lacked.. :rolleyes2:

X19_Armrest0001.jpg

...taken from my son's V70 (totalled last week when a BMW rear ended him doing about 40mph - my son was stationary,waiting to make a left turn). Cut down the center console.

X19_Armrest0002.jpg

the all important addition...

X19_Armrest0003.jpg

X19_Armrest0004.jpg

..just have to get some leather to re-cover the lower section, the lid will stay grey for now...

how is your son?

I assume he is ok?

The thought of mounting a cup holder to the targa roof occurred to me as it makes an excellent tool and parts rest!

...taken from my son's V70 (totalled last week when a BMW rear ended him doing about 40mph - my son was stationary,waiting to make a left turn). Cut down the center console.

I assume he is ok?

The thought of mounting a cup holder to the targa roof occurred to me as it makes an excellent tool and parts rest!

Yeah, he seems OK - it was a Volvo after all! Just waiting for MRI/X-rays of his neck & shoulders. The bimmer driver claims she didn't even see him - didn't slow down at all. Fortunately, he didn't have the wheels turned, or he would have been pushed into oncoming traffic, instead of 30ft in a straight line. She went through the tailgate then under the bumper, blowing out the rear tires and pushing the entire rear subframe forward. The rear doors don't open, and the roof & 1/4's are buckled.

Sorry to hear about the accident...

We will be meeting AGAIN with our attornies again next week on our last accident... going on three years ago. Same kinda thing...

What a world full of idiots we live in...

As for the center console... great idea. I used a cheapo from JCW but love thr rest. They come in grey and black... and I installed one in my MAROON Honda years back... I used, (WHAT ELSE???) Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric (dye) Paint. Lasted for at least 5 years... on the ARM rest!

I like FLAT BLACK as it more emmulates a flat leather than the glossy blacks... For 5 bucks, its worth a try. You can always recover it if ya don't like it. Beware of any other BRAND though, as I have not had that good of luck with them. They look like PAINT to me...

I'm currently redoing the interior of the Vette and using these products. I painted one kick panel and put it down, was distracted, then went back and was unsure which one was painted! I think you'll like it!

I hope your soon is OK

That sounds like a pretty serious collision. Some people just don't pay attention to WTF they are doing when they drive.

Happened to me once when I was 16, but I was in my dad's 68 Pontiac Catalina wagon and I got rear ended by a brand new 240z. I won this exchange. I was waiting to turn left on a two lane road. I had to wait a while and looked in the mirror and saw this joker coming behind me fiddling with his radio. BAM!! I think the wagon only moved forward a couple feet. We both got out and looked at the damage. The bumper on the wagon was pushed in about 4 inches. The whole front end of his Z was accordion'd and steaming. Still had the window sticker in the Z.

The arm rest looks pretty good. I just went with an Autozone special:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/message/1211239222

Tell your son not to be too much of a man. If he is hurting he needs to let you know.

My wife just settled her accident from three years ago. She went around some construction in the middle of the road and slowed down as there were a backed up cars in front of her when an SUV came around the same construction work and rammed her from behind, pushing her ahead, then the woman instead of hitting the brakes hit the gas ,and rammed her a second time!

We will be meeting AGAIN with our attornies again next week on our last accident... going on three years ago. Same kinda thing...

What a world full of idiots we live in...

armrest X 1/9

Hello,

There is an original X 1/9 armrest available with top in genuine leather.
This armrest is specially made for all X 1/9.
Price is Euro 89 + shipping Euro 24 all over the world.

with kind regards,

Henk Martens
X 1/9 Parts Holland

E-mail: martens.tuil*hetnet.nl

I usually SEM products on vinyl, they hold up extremely well. In this case though, I'll cut up one of my wife's old pocketbooks for the leather. :)

As far as my son is concerned, the doctors haven't found any issues, but I did stress that he needs to let us know if he has any health issues regarding the accident!

The insurance company for the other party is doing the usual less than replacement cost routine - I am going back & forth with them to make sure we get replacement cost - around here a V70 in reasonable condition with 200K is still worth $3K.

Original armrest

Wow, didn't know they existed.

I've been looking at this armrest, and steering wheel + shifter
Think they will go nicely together.

Luxuryarmrest.jpg

Granturismoratt-1.jpg

AmcosportShifter.jpg

...taken from my son's V70 (totalled last week when a BMW rear ended him doing about 40mph - my son was stationary,waiting to make a left turn). Cut down the center console

...just have to get some leather to re-cover the lower section, the lid will stay grey for now...

Nice! I can't live without my daily cup of Joe that cup holder is a must!

Hope your son does ok BTW.

-Tim

I've not heard of SEM products...

... but do let your wife know BEFORE you grab one of her old purses!

HA!

I once recovered an old tricycle seat witha a 50 cent purse I gt from Goodwill. HA! A great source for good quality leathers!

Back