Aussie spec RHD '87 X1/9 fs in Quebec, Canada

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Now this is most strange:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-voiture-coll...upe/593355891?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

A right hand drive '87 X1/9. I think seller is claiming car came from Australia, but my francais is not too good ! Not sure what else he is saying, but I think he is claiming car was made by Ferrari...

Car appears to have what we know as '87 trim (?), but I see euro-type side markers.

Would be interesting to know if it has the cool euro-spec 85 hp carbed engine, but somehow I recall perhaps the late Aussie cars had the US-spec FI engine ??? I'm sure one of our members from "down under" would know.

Would be very strange, however, if somebody went to the trouble and expense of shipping this car all the way from Oz. Must have cost a fortune !! I would have thought this car would be worth way more down there , than in Canada. Note to Aussies: our dollars are almost exactly at par.

Tough to tell from the pics, but the X appears to be in pretty decent shape for the asking price. And low miles (or Aussies, would that be kilometers ?). Shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side. I guess that could be changed, but I think it would be a real PITA.

Back