Auto Insurance for X1/9s

I used to say everywhere I go I show SOMEONE my car so it's always en route to a show!
I dont' remember the issue with Gundy, just remember I asked and something didn't work out.

I found the Gundy issue back:
Got a note from Grundy:
"Thank you for submitting your information to Grundy Worldwide’s underwriting department. Unfortunately, we are unable to insure vehicles that are used for errands, backup or work. We wish you the best in finding the appropriate coverage for this vehicle."

I refused to say I'd NEVER drive it for such things, "occasionally" wasn't good enough, I don't know.

I think one of the big advantages of Hagerty,Grundy,etc..is the fact that they pay the agreed value and go after the other persons insurance.I recently was hit in my pristine 82 Fiat Spider.The other guys insurance wanted to look at a NADA book for a value.They would have totaled the car for 2000 damage.This is a 10000 car!!Their claims person didnt know what a Fiat was.I had to pay my State Farm deductible to get the car fixed,then let them go after his insurance. The specialty insurers have a better understanding of the cars and their values.Plus,no deductible. The rates between State Farm and Hagertys are very competitive.We have the X under S.F. also,but I may change both over to Hagertys.

Mine is insured through the AARP with The Hartford. That’s classic car insurance and because it’s insured with my regular home and car insurance I get good multi policy discounts. For senior drivers, I think AARP offers some of the best deals.

Back