Auxlliary shaft Pulley question

Dave Evans

'79 1500
I have found some stress cracks in the resin aux shaft pulley on my "79 1500. Does anyone know if the pulley is interchangeable with pulley from the 1300 engine? Matt has steel pulleys available that are listed as for the 1300 engine. I would like to use steel instead of another resin one.

Dave Evans

I have found some stress cracks in the resin aux shaft pulley on my "79 1500. Does anyone know if the pulley is interchangeable with pulley from the 1300 engine? Matt has steel pulleys available that are listed as for the 1300 engine. I would like to use steel instead of another resin one.
Dave Evans

Aux shaft pulleys are interchangeable between 1300 and 1500.
(The camshaft pulleys would be except that the timing marks are different - as long as you have the magic decoder ring and are willing to put your own marks on it, you can interchange the cam pulleys too).

Yes

I've used all three types (phenolic, steel & aftermarket alloy) of aux pulley on the 1100, 1300 & 1500 engines in my X1/9's & 128 - they're interchangeable.

Back