Axle nut size

tfphoenix

King Phoenix
Hey guys, what size are the rear axle nuts? I was thinking 33mm but I cant remember and I need a socket.

I believe a 1 1/2 inch SAE socket can be used...

At least, I've done it in a pinch. That would make it 38mm. 1.5 inches converts to 38.1mm, so the 1.5" socket is about 4 thousandths too large - not a big difference.

Pete

Hey guys, what size are the rear axle nuts? I was thinking 33mm but I cant remember and I need a socket.

big nuts

At least, I've done it in a pinch. That would make it 38mm. 1.5 inches converts to 38.1mm, so the 1.5" socket is about 4 thousandths too large - not a big difference.

Pete

Hey Pete... any chance you are thinking of the crank nut being 1.5"?

D'oh!!!

You are absolutely right. Don't know how I saw Axle Nut and processed it as Crank Nut. Well actually you can probably have your pick of reasons... getting old, working too hard, not paying enough attention, eyesights going... I can think of more if I need to, but not right now, time for a nap.:sad:

Thanks for catching that before I really screwed someone over. Sorry tfpheonix, please disregard!

Pete

No worries Pete

I was already drinking a beer, which always makes me WAAAAY smarter than the average bear.

Mmmmmm.... beer.
beer_babes.jpg

Back