bad Magic lives!

RMarine

Bad Magic
Here she is folks! I've named her Bad Magic, after a Shooter Jennings song. She's a screamer ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5X-ZO9MDw"]YouTube- 1978 Fiat X1/9[/ame]

I did notice I said balanced cam, but I meant to say balanced crank :p LOL. I suck on video's :p I also know the video is side ways, I was using my phone to record it.

I also missed a couple of thanks. One is to Ray's wife, Lorrie. thanks for putting up with me and the late nights at the shop. Also, big thanks to my roommate, JT. couldn't have done it with out ya bro. And a big thank you to all of you for your help and support!

today, she got her new front hubs and is riding nice.

thanks again guys! a couple more minor things, than it's time to start body and paint work.:dance2:

Thanks Jim! I appreciate it. it's also my daily driver, so I had to get her going again.

LoL I should really put my name back in my Sig. It's Rick by the way :)

Names are optional on Xweb :)

LoL I should really put my name back in my Sig. It's Rick by the way :)

Hi Rick, I always struggle with what salutation to use when I don't remember which Xweb-handle goes with which real person. :)

I am slowly building a refreshing a 1500 to go into my 78. Slowly being the operative word there.

Hi Rick, I always struggle with what salutation to use when I don't remember which Xweb-handle goes with which real person. :)

I am slowly building a refreshing a 1500 to go into my 78. Slowly being the operative word there.

No worries. I do the same thing when it comes to names. LOL

My plan was to slowly do my 1500, but thanks to my 1300 dying, the time frame was bumped up. the difference is HUGE, especially with the boreing of the block and using the 1300 head on the 1500 block. I can't wait to get the twin carbs going and then get it dyno'd.

Good luck! I'm sure your 1500 is going to come out awesome!

Congrats Rick!

I've been following your progress a little bit and you got that thing back running lickity split! everything looks and sounds great! Enjoy your new speed...and invest in a radar detector!

I've been following your progress a little bit and you got that thing back running lickity split! everything looks and sounds great! Enjoy your new speed...and invest in a radar detector!

Thanks, Alex! yea, she was only down for about 3 weeks total. longer than I wanted, but had to get the parts in and the shop time and assistance in. I am doing my best to not driver her to hard right now :p, though I want to just run as fast as I can. Surprisingly and a big ego boost, I blew the doors off of an 08 v-6 mustang getting onto the highway. He was riding my ass, so I just turned her loose and took the tight on-ramp corner, he couldn't keep up. once on the highway, I let him pass me and he looked and nodded to admit his defeat, it was awesome :D

man, im gonna need to get cracking on my 1500... i have the pistons out, but i need to measure them and order a new one

you should do like I did..

and just have the block bored =P 87 mm rocks!

It wasn't that expensive really, cost under 150 to have it done. Though the pistons did cost a "little" bit more than that.

Once you have it finished, I know you'll love it just as much as I love mine!

Back