Bayless Front air dam

wkl911

Low Mileage
FS: Bayless Racing X1/9 Front Air dam
Purchased from Bayless in Atlanta in late 70's (!)
New, never used and perfect
I have NO IDEA what it's worth, but time to send to a current X1/9 owner. Best offer

wkl

Dibs!

Releasing dibs...

Heard a rumor that one who calls dibs gets first crack at the item advertised.

Last edited:

Couple of quick photos
Price ? Well thats where I need your help !
Haven't owned the car for 30 years (!) so have no idea what it is worth. Condition is perfect, ready to paint or install as is.
Thanks
Bill

Ok my honest assesment. From the low light pics and the black paint it is nearly impossible to get a good look at your bumper. But they sell brand new ones for about 200 bucks. And I say sell lightly as they maybe sell one a year. Shipping will be about 100 to 120 from where you are to anyplace further than one state away. So I think you would be lucky to get a bid of 20 or 30 bucks on ebay for this item. And that is the retail world. But that is my .02...... My buddy Charlie sells these racing airdams and in 3 years has only sold one and to a guy here for about 250.... Between Charlie and myself got about 1200 bucks into the mold... So It will take about 20 years at this pace to break even...Good luck.. JJ

http://www.serpentautosport.com/HTML/Cust_X19_Airdam.html

JJay...We sell A LOT...

...of air dams and spoilers here...your shipping is WAY off, my friend. :)

I think there are different methods...

...of shipping that anyone can use. We can usually ship an a large air dam to California from Ohio for under $70.00. I think Jeff purchased the fiberglass 74-78 replacement style air dam from us. That is quite a bit smaller in size than the big ones like the one pictured.

...of shipping that anyone can use. We can usually ship an a large air dam to California from Ohio for under $70.00. I think Jeff purchased the fiberglass 74-78 replacement style air dam from us. That is quite a bit smaller in size than the big ones like the one pictured.
Correct, that's what I got, sorry to confuse, I'll crawl back to my corner now.

I love the replacement air dams...

...like you have, Jeff. I have worn them on my own cars. No corner crawling needed. :p

FIrst of all, THANKS for everyone's input !
As mentioned, I've had this for a long time and it needs to go.

So how about $150 shipped anywhere in CONUS or $85 local to Atlanta, Ga area. Or make me an offer.

thanks again
Bill

Yes, looks very similar, but has round holes (vs. rectangular) for brake ducts, and is black.

Again, shoot me an offer and I'll make a real deal for anyone local to Atlanta.
Bill

Air dam

Does anyone have a pic of what this style of dam looks like on the car? I've been trying to compare different styles of front spoilers/air dams offered form the vendors but I have a hard time imagining what they actually look like if the illustration does not show it mounted on the vehicle. I have a small file of various X's I've found online with different front ends, but most of them don't seem to match anything currently for sale. I'd like to find something to give the nose a different look without going to a full body kit. I did look at the link Jeff J. posted and that really helps to see what that one looks like...thanks Jeff J. What does anyone have to show (please include the brand/source of what you show). Thanks.

Back