BBBWM wire guage??? (Bob?)

SpidArman

Collector of wayward cars
Does anyone have input as to the guage of stranded copper wire to use for the Bob Brown Brown Wire Mod? I have seen anywhere from 14 to 10 guage being mentioned in the mods to double up the brown wire.

Thanks,

Arman

Bigger is better. If you're going to the effort of doing the mod you may as well use 10 gauge.

I haven't done this mod though, so I guess there might be some reason why you can't use 10, but that's what I'd use if it's possible.

///Mike

Use 10GA wire.

This is the same gauge as the original, so you'll be doubling the capacity of this important feed line from the battery.

I used

black wire instead of brown is that ok?

As to the origin of the brown wire mod......... that was some kind of FIAT service bulletin wasn't it.

black wire instead of brown is that ok?

No. Black wire is for grounds. The pathways in the copper used in black wire will not be correct for use in this application, leading to very high friction between the electrons traveling through this wire. We suggest using the quality oxygen free cable specifically designed for use in the positive side of a DC circuit in Italian cars, which is available on our site for only $67 per foot.

Signed,

The Monster Cable Marketing Department

(Black wire is fine)

Last edited:
No. Black wire is for grounds. The pathways in the copper used in black wire will not be correct for use in this application, leading to very high friction between the electrons traveling through this wire. We suggest using the quality oxygen free cable specifically designed for use in the positive side of a DC circuit in Italian cars, which is available on our site for only $67 per foot.

Signed,

The Monster Cable Marketing Department

(Brown wire is fine)

ha.....I'll start saving up :lol:

My wife got me a blu-ray player last Christmas and I almost died when she purchased the must have, only thing that will produce any quality.... "MONSTER CABLE" with it.

ha.....I'll start saving up :lol:

My wife got me a blu-ray player last Christmas and I almost died when she purchased the must have, only thing that will produce any quality.... "MONSTER CABLE" with it.

Don't ya just love those guys?

Wouldn't be so bad if that's all they did, but turns out they use all manner of shifty practices to try to shut down anyone who competes with them, tries to enlighten the public about them, or even uses the word "monster" in their business. I remember reading about the lengths they went to in order to try to prevent a miniature golf course from being called Monster Golf. Sheesh!

BTW, I meant to write "Black wire is okay" above. I've since fixed it, but did wanna call your attention to it. Red is certainly preferable since that jacket color denotes positive, but otherwise it's no problem. You could always put a tag on the ends or do what we used to do and spray paint the ends when we didn't have the correct wire color.

Cheers,

///Mike

yeah I confronted a Monster rep a few years back with the "what about all the tests that prove your cables are no better than the rest"

He turned and walked away :dance2:

Back