Bellevue/Seattle X gathering anyone?

RMarine

Bad Magic
I know there are a few of us up here in the PNW around this area, so I was thinking maybe we need to get our X's and ourselves together so that we can all meet and get to know each other. maybe meet up at XXX burger in Issaquah or somewhere else that everyone could agree on?

there is the seattle x1/9 website and car group, but sadly it hasn't been updated since 2006. I does link back to this site, so I'm wondering who owns that site.

What do you say guys? shoot me a message if anyone is interested! RMegee*gmail.com

I do know of the Fiat meets up here, Sadly I haven't had the pleasure of making one of those yet, but I will here soon. I just thought it would be awesome to get together with my fellow Xweb's! :italia:

I'm interested...

In the past I've hosted some Xweb folks at our rural place in NE Olympia. If you don't mind the drive we have lots of parking and like to cook over the fire.
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/budgetzagato/Xweb gathering 4-09/

I usually extend the invitation to Fiat Enthusiasts Northwest and beyond and sometimes they come.

It's a good way to share information and enthusiasm as well as buy/sell/trade parts. I particularly enjoy tech stuff, and can often find something to fix for someone... :innocent:

Seattle X1/9

The current Xweb is a mutation of the forums that originated at the Seattle X1/9 site. Originally, Mac, Ulix, and OleRascle (MM himself) and a handfull of others were the first (I believe Mac started it with help from Ulix, and Mike jumped on as member 2 or 3, I think Mac is member 000, Ulix 001, Mike M. 002, I am 050). Seattle X1/9 spawned off SoCalX, and a bunch more local X sites, but they all used the Seattle X1/9 forums, and then they morphed into XANA, which is where we are today.

Mac retired, kinda, more like Farved it, and back int he summer of 2003, it was looking like either Mark Freeman or myself would take over the reigns, but then personal things forced me to sell my 76 and move out of the Seattle area to Alaska, and Mark took over, along with Eric Armstrong and Gregory Smith (FastX and budgetzagato). The old Seattle X1/9 site started to get a facelift, but then more and more Mac and the rest started to work on retiring the Network 54 forums (aka Xweb 1.0) and moving the boards over here to Son of Xweb.

It is my understanding that Seattle X1/9 is still alive, just here on the Xweb Forums instead of the club page. Would be nice to see it alive again, but it takes time, which I know I sure do not have...

Did I get that all right?

That sounds like a good idea. Looks like you have a good turn out there as well! That is definitely an option to do. Ill message you later ( on my phone atm) and get some more ideas from you. I would definitely like to have a meet more often with everyone.

The current Xweb is a mutation of the forums that originated at the Seattle X1/9 site. Originally, Mac, Ulix, and OleRascle (MM himself) and a handfull of others were the first (I believe Mac started it with help from Ulix, and Mike jumped on as member 2 or 3, I think Mac is member 000, Ulix 001, Mike M. 002, I am 050). Seattle X1/9 spawned off SoCalX, and a bunch more local X sites, but they all used the Seattle X1/9 forums, and then they morphed into XANA, which is where we are today.

Mac retired, kinda, more like Farved it, and back int he summer of 2003, it was looking like either Mark Freeman or myself would take over the reigns, but then personal things forced me to sell my 76 and move out of the Seattle area to Alaska, and Mark took over, along with Eric Armstrong and Gregory Smith (FastX and budgetzagato). The old Seattle X1/9 site started to get a facelift, but then more and more Mac and the rest started to work on retiring the Network 54 forums (aka Xweb 1.0) and moving the boards over here to Son of Xweb.

It is my understanding that Seattle X1/9 is still alive, just here on the Xweb Forums instead of the club page. Would be nice to see it alive again, but it takes time, which I know I sure do not have...

Did I get that all right?

Man, that is a lot of good info! I new that there was a direct link between this site and the Seattle x1/9 site, but I didn't realize that it was hosted and started from it. I would definitely love to see the Seattle site updated and the local Xwebers here meet up more. If the current owner of it (I'm guess Mac if I'm reading correctly what you posted) needed some help, I may not be super tech savy, but i would be more than happy to help get it going and maybe put together some meets and runs here. That's the best thing of having roommates and friends that do IT and web work for for a living, I can get a good platform to work with.

I'd certainly be up for it. In fact, I've recently been thinking that same thing. I've always been secretly jealous of the SoCal guy's Cars n Coffee thing.

Well, I'm definitely up for it. I've been coming up with some ideas for meets, runs and such. I'm certainly open to ideas, so shoot me a message if anyone has any! RMegee*gmail.com

also, I guess no more photobucket here since it's not on the bottom, but I have had a friend helping come up with a logo that I would like to upload ;-)

Yo Jake...

...ye of the Wayne's Gathering Faithful!
We were blessed to have Wayne & Sandy host SeaX Gatherings for many, many years.
Sorry to say they won't be hosting regular gatherings anymore.
Have moved onto hanging with GMC motorhome people.
Might host one more when his VW powered 850 is done.

As for an Xweb gathering elsewhere, sounds good to me.
Would like to see it south of Seattle.
Gregory Smith's place near Oly is ideal.
Wonderful rural setting, lots of cool stuff, great host.

hi guys

Carl gave a pretty good nutshell history. I created the SeattleX1/9 site and started gathering local Xheads with the intent of it being a "normal" car club arrangement, one by one more folks joined on (some who are still on the forum to this day, others long mia) and on the SeaX website we had a little 2 page forum off in the corner we called it "Xweb". We had fun with SeaX for a good long time and had lots of get togethers over the course of a few years there but in the meantime the "SeaX Forum" grew exponentially larger and took on a membership spanning the globe. We spun it off and Xweb became an entity all its own, I retired from SeaX presidency and later from forum admin duty as well. Mark Freeman now is the lead admin of Xweb as well as (last time i checked) SeaX president. the SeaX nw group has always been pretty loosely run with members/folks basically throwing gigs and contributing ad hoc any way we could work it. I miss local gigs and sorry to hear Wayne isnt around too much these days. Talk to Mark Freeman if you want to do something for SeaX's dormant web presence. As far as throwing gigs it usually just happens by posting right here to Xweb events section :)

Awesome! I've gotten a few emails and reply's. It's good to see that the SeaX crowd is alive! I'm waiting on a couple of responses for a few things, but will be in contact very soon as to getting things back off the ground here.

Again, any and all ideas are welcome, feel free to message or email me!

Rick

Back