Best Of Italy Woodley Park notes

rturchan

Baja Bob
Hello Everyone,
I spoke to Merkel Weiss today, he is one of the dedicated Fiat guys here in Southern California and responsible for making sure the Fiats are parked properly at the show. In my mind Merkel is the man who makes it happen but I am just commenting based on my observations. He indicated that they prefer that people not come too early, as they are not ready to park the cars. Therefore I am thinking we will attempt to arrive at the show between 9 and 9:30. That means we will leave breakfast between 8:45 and 9:15 as a group. Coffee and Pancakes will be available as early ats 7:00 and you can come anytime up to 9:30.

Also remember that there is a time change Sunday, so after you wake up turn your clock BACK one hour and get one more hour of sleep! So 7:00 will seem like 8:00.

Bob

One more reminder

May I add, please, please try and put at least 8-10 feet in between cars. We try and keep that spacing for the sake of isolating a car if someone chooses to photograph it, without a neighboring car bleeding into the shot. Whether you noticed or not, we've had foreign automotive journalists (and My Classic Car), not to mention all of us normal guys, at the show before snapping away. While the rest of the show is really laid back, the spacing issue is the one point we tend to be firm on, for the sake of photography (and possible damage).

The bare areas were really dry the other day, I hope they don't decide to water on Saturday.

Cesare

Back