Blue Konis

ward00

True Classic
The PO of my 75 Euro version Lancia Bet Montecarlo stated that Konis were installed in the front. When I look in the front wheel well, I can see that the struts are blue in color. Does anyone know if blue Konis are adjustable.

Update - I just went through some receipts that indicate that these are the struts: http://www.fiatplus.com/CORRECT-FRONT-STRUT.html Its not clear to me that they are Konis, but even if they are not, are they adjustable?

Last edited:
The PO of my 75 Euro version Lancia Bet Montecarlo stated that Konis were installed in the front. When I look in the front wheel well, I can see that the shocks are blue in color. Does anyone know if blue Konis are adjustable.

Wouldn't be the first time a seller has lied about a car.
Yes, interesting. I'm not going to call it a lie in view of the receipts he provided to show the struts were replaced. Maybe the vendor misrepresented them or he misunderstood.

The factory Fiat/Lancia strut color is blue. But the insert inside may well be a Koni... You wouldn't know from the outside, unless it was adjustable. That would be obvious from the top or bottom, depending on single or double adjustable...

Koni shocks/struts in general are either red, yellow or black, but not blue. The blue ones pictured look to be non-adjustable OEM/factory Wayassauto, RIV or Boge brand units.

Last edited:
Someone could have fitted a koni insert into the original Lancia strut housing? I guess it depends on what the invoice you have says?

SteveC

Ok, so based on the parts invoice and physical observation, they are OEMs http://www.fiatplus.com/CORRECT-FRONT-STRUT.html . The car has 50,000 miles, which makes me wonder why they were replaced do they only last 50000 miles?
My factory struts were worn out by 40K. I replaced them with KYB gas strut inserts. They are 38 years old now so I don't know how much gas is left inside, but with about 40K on them, they still seem to work well.

The car has 50,000 miles, which makes me wonder why they were replaced do they only last 50000 miles?

At 50,000 miles & 46 years old, there's no telling what condition the original strut seals are in - it makes sense to replace the struts as "preventative maintenance", especially if recommissioning a car from a long-term layup.

On my recently purchased 52 year old 128 with 30k original miles, the rear shocks both only worked in one direction (forgot which).

Back