"Bluetooth" comes home

socalx19

True Classic
It has been said that if you love something, set it free. And if it comes back to you, hopefully it's not pissed off.

I have a lot of clean-up to do but glad to be doing it. This was a great car and will be great again soon.

Through a stroke of luck and quick action, "Bluetooth" is home again :)

We had a show to go to in Hollywood last night so I needed to dispatch JJ to meet the transport company at our house to take delivery. Funny that he passed it along the way there.

20941ed9.jpg

High-level assessment: The car needs some loving again. Looks like it has been sitting for quite a while. Also had the spoiler and right bumper cover ripped off/broken. Nose is pushed in on a couple of places - someone's attempt at removing it to repair was unsuccessful. Nothing currently works, even with a new battery put into place. Coolant tank is less than half empty. Oil is old. Interior is a mess, reupholstered seat on the driver side got pretty worn - center armrest broken, probably from trying to push oneself up and out of the car. Newer tires on it, not the size I had running before, but they look good - slightly taller so not sure if they rub or not. Front left wheel has a narly-looking chunk missing - still holds air. Signature "Bucking Jackass" badges gone, replaced with strange FIAT ones. Door ding on driver side extends to fender and rubs when opened. Interior door handle broken - new one in the trunk. Tweeters removed and replaced with more FIAT emblems to serve as a reminder of what is being driven.

Don't know what's really wrong with it yet - it was a no-questions asked deal just to bring it home. It probably won't take much at all to get it going again but I will take my time with it.

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

I will have this back to it's prior state, and more, in a couple of months. Definitely in time for Concorso in August.

100_2857.jpg

20110129203815-fc12a6fb.jpg

20110129205104-50568212.jpg

That...

is great news, Rudy! See... you did have a need for an '86 owners manual after all.

Regards,

Brad

What did that guy do to that car!? If anyone can get it looking smart, you can. Congrats on getting your baby back. Now what happens to the red grey one you have now?

Definitely needs a bit to get back to its former glory. Sad to see. Enjoy spending the time :)

Thanks fellas

Seems like its slowly showing signs of life. After putting in a new battery, nothing happened except the interior door lights glowing very dim. While giving it a hose-down, the lights came all the way on and so did the clock. The headlights also popped up and came on. Fuel filter has not come on but I did see a wire running from the ballast resistor to the fuel pump ?!?!? I'm not sure what that is all about. Paint cleaned up nicely but will need a respray soon.

Brake pedal goes to the floor with a little resistance, returns by itself. Clutch feels solid - seller advertised a new transmission was installed. Looks old to me but has some hand markings on it - most likely a rebuild. Looks like a new thermostat housing in place. With the coolant level so low, wondering if it overheated at one time. Once it cranks I'll do a compression test.

Ditched all the extra FIAT hardware. 1,000% improvement.

As for the red/black car, I'm going to let this sit on the brain for a while. If completed properly, it's still easily another 3-4k in bodywork and paint because of the amount of rust and where it is located. Then I need to address the cooling system. Pipes are very rusted/brittle, hoses are bypassing the heater core and the rad needs to be dipped. I'm hoping to not make it a parts car but that amount of bodywork and repair is overwhelming which is why I haven't touched it yet. Have gone back and forth about swapping the body; big job and totally off the table now with Blue back in my possession. So, we will wait and see.

Wish I was there to help

Especially with the electrical issues.
Glad to see it back home!

Congrats Rudy

Excellent news. I can't believe how badly worn that seat got in a few years time.

Good luck with bringing Bluetooth back into service!

Rudy, I wonder what ever became of the Black one I sold to the guy in Reno...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6In7R-m18&feature=plcp"]1985 Bertone Fiat x-19 - YouTube[/ame]

Spotted a few years back...:):)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJI05BSDnRs&feature=plcp"]Fiat X19 outing bertone - YouTube[/ame]

Oh, the humanity!

Criminal to violate such a creampuff .
Multiple shunts, tho' each minor, point to abuse.
Intentional desecrations evident.
Abuse & desecration after paying proper money
for high level car could indicate brain damage.
May the court have mercy on last PO.
And Lord bless next to last PO's resurrection
to former glory.

Back