Bob Brown's "No-Cut HRM" Video...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
While looking up another video... I found this one demonstrating Bob "Sawsall" Brown's "crew" consisting of Damon "The Torch" Gentile, Mike "Jackman" Sotor and a host of other Yankees 3 years ago... prepping an X1/9 for one of his No-Cut Headlight Relay Modifications... (Bob is in the Red Shirt directing...)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyjkSDyJmEw&feature=related"]YouTube- X 1/9 Divoce Settlement Step 5[/ame]

You'll note... that although the prep work is rather tedious, (4 other video segments leading up to this one...) NONE of the STOCK wiring was molested or compromised. No one will ever know it's been modifed and it can always be easily returned to the factory configuration!

Wow, I thought That video

would have disappeared by now. Ha!

To all who don't know this video, it has nothing to do with the Headlight Relay Mod.
(Tony's just razzin' me on that) This was taken maybe 3 years ago when we cut the back end
off one of my 1979 Scrap X's. The car was way too rusty in the critical areas to be saved
so it became a donor to others. (Paul Stoltz has the engine for one of his race cars now)
I was wearing glasses at the time. No longer need them now after staring into a laser
to have my eyeballs re-sculptured. Ha!

Here is Damon enjoying the ride while Mike "sissor-hands" Soter finishes a cut ...
damonsplitx2smgp3.jpg

damonsplitx1smgb8.jpg

Wasn't easy was it Bob...

I helped to remove a front fender for White Fang off a donor car and that was a bit of a bear. We also looked at some cars that had been halved and the structure was three layers thick in many areas... making for a very strong platform.

Those folks that say they experience "cowl-shake" in one of these cars REALLY have me worried! HA!

Damon brought his cutting torches

that day and I think he used about 3 times the amount of acetelene he thought he'd use.
The X1/9 chassis is very strong, even when rusted.
Those first 3 videos show the time it took to cut it.
(nearly 30 minutes!)

Back