Bumper delete

Danno

Low Mileage
On my big bumper Spider, the signals are an issue when you do a bumper delete. There are kits and workarounds to solve this. How similar is a bumper delete on my 76 big bumper 128? I notice that there are the lights on that front bumper, I'm hoping the conversion isn't such a pain.

I know there are a lot of bumperless 128s running around, but some don't appear to have done any extra lighting work. Mine is currently not running, otherwise I'd know if those are actual turn signals, or if the corners by the headlights are turn signals, or both...

You get the idea. I'm clueless.

One of mine has the corner lights as turnsignals. It's a 74 bumper delete by the previous owner, so I don't have direct experience with the change.

However, I could speculate that the worst case is swapping out the bulb holder, from a single filament to double, and associated wiring extensions.

4_2011003.jpg

bumpers

I was lucky to find NOS early 128 bumpers (f&R) on Ebay for $50 a piece plus shipping from Cyprus (or Greece, can't recall)

The bumpers do not have the indentation for turn signals so I think they are Euro but I just "cut" the bulb socket and a little bit of the surrounding aluminum from the old low hanging turn signals and screwed them into the side marker light housings in addition to the side marker sockets already in there. kind of ghetto but works and looks cleaner without the low hanging lights.

It's also much higher up so should be safer no?

Back