Bumper mods?

There are some options for you....

1)completely bumperless,just leaving the bumper shocks rubber covers with plastic end caps.
2)getting a 1974 only USA split bumper set and make then fit.Easy to do and instructions available through here
3)getting an Euro split bumper set from overseas.A little different than the USA versions,them being longer and with smaller rubber blocks
4)Getting some 75-78 USA dual bar bumpers and modifiyng them to use only one bar per side attaching them closer to the body.
I have pics for some of this options but still don`t know how to post them here,But if you are patient our brotherhood of forum members will be reading your post and helping with pics for you to see.Right guys?.........Ricardo have the 74 USA bumpers on his yellow beauty,Brett Melancon have the euro ones on his real UK spec X1/9,awesome car..and i believe it is Mike Mudge who have the single bar mods on his X.Good luck and hope this helps....

you can also go to the official members car thread here in discussion..

and look at some examples..........many cars there!!!:)

Albert, are your pix up on photobucket, flickr, or some other web picture hosting site?

If so, let us know which one and what the link is to your top level album.

Sorry Dan,but i personally don`t like....

posting my pics on hosting sites,...long legally related story.Have been thinking in opening an account just to post pics here,,,,someday,Dan,,,,someday for shure:whistle:...i need to:excited:

If you get a little skeevy :( about putting pix on a service like photobucket, flickr etc, then an alternative would be to use the online storage space that almost always comes along with an ISP account.

You could upload just the pix you want to post here on Xweb. As long as the pix are somewhere on the web :pc:, they can be linked to from here.

As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

another option

leave the factory bumpers and compress the bumper shocks. I did this on the front bumper of my x.

Back