CA X-Head Help

halojm

True Classic
I just ordered the seat upholstery from the guy in CA on this thread: http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/7073/

I sent him this picture and he assured me he could do them in the color and style.
FiatX19Interior1.jpg

He's going to do the side arm sections in black vinyl instead of cloth. However, I don't know if he has a real good handle on how those side panels look and how they are trimmed where they meet the white. Are there any CA X-Heads out there who are (a) close enough to swing by this guy and (b) have the same vintage seats to show him how they should look?
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone needs to send him a mangled set of covers

Dave,

While talking to him, he told me that he needed someone to send him a torn set of covers. He will take the stitching apart and digitize the covers to make exact copies. Before you actually finalize the order, he should have the pattern digitized first. I have complete confidence that once he has the old covers he will be able make exact copies. Otherwise, he is flying blind and there may be tightness or bags where he has to guess. He currently only has the pattern to the one in his Ebay ad. I am trying to get a set of mangled set of leathers to him.

Arman

I really like those White/Black covers. Those would look SWEET in my X. If you all get this guy to digitize those let me know, I'll definitely get him to make me a set.

Brian

What is the address ?

Tony is ten miles away from Northridge and I work four miles away.
Let me know.
Bob T.

Not Sure, But Possibly LA Area

He posted an ad on the LA Craigslist, his name is Dave Daoud and his number is (818)470-5195. If he's close and you (or someone else close) could get in touch with him to show him how the '79-'83 seats are trimmed and let him measure the location of the side panels, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave... How 'bout YOU...

... give him a call... get his address... as he should be close by... and I have some 79 seats I could even leave with him.

I can coordinate it from there... I guess I could do it all too... but you should be able to set things up initially...

Let me know...

He has to take them apart, so be aware...

In order to digitize them, the stitches will be undone. When he gives them back, they will be in small panel pieces. So you had better give him a set that is mangled.

Arman

He said my pattern already matched

his digitized one, he just needed a sample set to measure the exact location of the side panels. Also, no good for meeting up today or tomorrow, as my schedule changed for both days. I'll call you after next week when I get back from Tampa.
Dave

Address

His address is:

19015 Parthenia St.
Northridge, CA 91324

He said to call first, David Daoud, 818-470-5195. Hopefully, one of you is close enough to drop off a seat for him to measure to get the side panels and stitching correct.

Thanks,
Dave

No problem...

I'm in that area quite often... like 3 times last week... (all of a medical nature...)

But nothing "scheduled" until March 3rd now...

What is your NEED here... I can make a special trip, but if the need is not that great, I'd rather not.

Let me know...

Just thought of something else... if Bob Turchan wants to go and doesn't have a seat, I can get one to his shop locally and he might be able to take it over when he's in the neighborhood earlier...

Schedule

I believe he is going to make up the seats over the next few weeks, but I could have him hold off until a sample seat could get there. Just let me know what works for you (and/or Bob) as far as getting a seat to him.
Thanks,
Dave

Back