Camber plates...quote is in

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Camber plates...quote is in<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]March 1 2001 at 2:47 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Mark Seelbinder"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mark Seelbinder <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Just got the following note from Jim Susko. If you are still interested send me an email so I can put together a list to send to Jim. I'd like to send him the list next week.

Hi Mark,

I got a quote from my shop and then looked at anodizing, bushing, hardware and kit assembly costs and I can probably make the sets everyone needs for $590 per set of four.

This assumes a top spherical bearing size of 7/16 to fit the Koni Sport shock or stock shock. This would be a high quality bearing to take the thrust forces. Plates such as the Ground Control design use a separate surface to take thrust loads which in theory is better but there are limitations to these. For one, they are thicker which spaces the top perch down and reduces ride clearance. Ride clearance is extremely critical on the front of the Fiat when set up for autocrossing, and unless you have shortened shock bodies results in bottoming unless the top perch is nearly touching the underside of the shock tower. The other problem is that they don't allow the top perch to camber with the shock, changing the thrust vector and bending loads on the strut with ride travel.

My design takes thrust loads through the bushing itself, and uses a very thin delrin washer and thrust washer that fits around the shock shaft and moves with the shock during camber changes, allowing the top perch to turn with the spring in the front with steering changes. It takes very little room, permitting the top perch to be as close to the shock tower as you dare for maximum jounce travel.

I am also custom making a set of shorter, larger diameter strut bodies for a customer, which I will fit with the double adjustable Advance shock. These shocks are highly digressive for tuning transient behavior without being harsh. This shock tuning is one of the main reasons Steve and I go that much faster than everyone else. Most people think it's our motors. I sell these shocks for $400 each, and I would have to quote custom struts because I have not yet priced the units. If anyone would be interested, they need to take this into account because it requires a larger spherical bushing design for the camber plate to accommodate the larger shock shaft diameter.

Jim
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back