Can someone post me a link

Greg (in Conn)

Bertone curator - X driver
to get this friggin aluminum flex tubing! THANKS

I don't want plastic and the local Auto parts stores no gots...

Aluminumflex.jpg

What's the matter with

what you've got? I've got the same exact thing... and it looks fine.
Hey, if you find the source, I'll buy some too.
Mine's fine, (looks like yours) but while I'm there,
I might as well replace mine too...

Bob that's just a pic I plucked...

My '84 is in great condition but the Black X needs new...all mangled :mad4:
Why can I not find this :wall:
Somebody must have a source! THANKS

have you tried Lowe's/Home Depot etc?

it's basically dryer duct, smaller diameter....? I thought that was brought up as option in the past, but don't have it on my carb'd car...

I don't know the size

but I always look at McMaster-Carr for unusual needs. They have all types of crazy hardware. ;)

Try this page, and then select page "214,215" for "Metal Duct Hose" from the left column of the index and see if you see anything workable:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#duct/=2qbzso

Good luck!!

Go to a chevy dealership

and ask them for the aluminum hose that goes from the exhaust manifold to the carb air intake for a mid- 1980's S10 Blazer or S15 GMC Jimmy. Same stuff.

Thanks for the reminder!

I forgot to reinstall mine after doing some work today. I'll measure the fitting on the alternator and approximate length.

Thanks Mike

That is very close at 2" with clamp or zip tie... OEM was closer to 1.5"...

Bob remember the fish Chevy truck... well I am purchasing 2 more for the company so I will hammer my sales rep. (same rep.for 20 years) to get this for me and I'll see how close it is...

Hell I've purchased 50 trucks from him over the years average cost 30k each...he better come through !

Greg...

Bit of a departure from the topic, but noticed in the pic that the side pod that houses your ignition module has a good deal of carp in the bottom of it, probably plugging the drain hole. Suggest you remove the plastic cover and vacuum that junk out so the module doesn't get dunked next time the car gets wet. Also check to ensure that the drain is indeed draining-- mine wasn't due to a kink in the drain hose itself. You can get replacement hose at home improvement stores. Think it's 7/8" ID but not positive.

///Mike

Nope just plucked this pic

as a reference... good tip though but not my X !

Does look like mice! I think BB famous dash nest shot is coming up...

It's 38mm...

38mm (1-1/2") I.D. by about 30" Many stores carry similar stuff as "preheater" hose. 30" may be hard to find.

Back