Cars & Coffee, Portola Valley, CA

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
I met a gentleman named James Caldwell one afternoon wrenching on the X19 in my driveway. James is a serious car nut and fantastic artist. He also organizes a monthly Cars&Coffee in Portola Valley. I arrived a little late, but got to see some great cars.

I also forgot my camera so forgive the few and poor quality pics.

upload_-1

upload_-1

This "smurf" painted beauty is actually owned by a Fiat America member. Take a guess where he works?

upload_-1

upload_-1

A color only a few cars can pull off...

upload_-1

Kit car. I picked his brain on the "frunk" venting...

upload_-1

James' Porsche. Very nice...!

upload_-1

upload_-1

The only other Bertone at the event...

upload_-1

My favorite...

Gimme a shout next time!

Cool pics Tim. I'll go to the next one if you give me the date. The last one is a 250 SWB Berlinetta, yes? Super sexy! Good on ya for representing for the Fiat crowd. I'm mulling some frunk venting as well so let me know what you come up with. Seems leading edge lip flips are a common aerodynamic solution across the board...

Cool pics Tim. I'll go to the next one if you give me the date. The last one is a 250 SWB Berlinetta, yes? Super sexy! Good on ya for representing for the Fiat crowd. I'm mulling some frunk venting as well so let me know what you come up with. Seems leading edge lip flips are a common aerodynamic solution across the board...

First Sunday of the month so see you next month right?!? James Caldwell will put the event on his calendar https://www.facebook.com/JamesArtist-187253414675139/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQ-IAP18Nk

Ah yes, that's the name

I've gotten rid of so much of my old car periodicals. I used to have a Road&Track edition dedicated to Ferraris. Such lovely photography and great writing back then. They had an article on the Lusso, they described it as, "having the presence of Sophia Loren amongst a group of school girls."

Anyhoo back to Cars&Coffee, I will be in attendance. Hope to see you there Tim and to make your acquaintance Bernice. I just came back from Colorado with an engine to swap into the Scorpion, so I've car talk fodder!
-Christopher

Another great turnout...

Actually many more cars

upload_-1

One owner car - guy bought it right out of the factory in Germany
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

The hood was under some tree shade so my phone did something weird with the pic. I guarantee, the paint was FLAWLESS. Beautiful car.
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

For SALE!
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

I was in good company :italia:
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

(crappy pic, sorry...)
upload_-1

My 2nd favorite car of the morning - 2.2 litre Morgan. 130 hp with 160 foot torque - 1800 lb car :)
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

Great bunch of owners of an eclectic group of automobiles who love nothing more than to talk up cars. Can't imagine a better way to spend a Sunday morning!

Tim

Tim nice to see you at the cars and coffee meet. Looks like more cars came after I left. See you at the next one.

Is this event still being booked or is it closed down for the winter, I'm in Monterey so its a short drive to attend and look very interesting...

Back