Cars Finding Cars

1FastX19

Daily Driver
Did you ever notice that when you have a new car that you notice more of them? It has happened with most cars I owned. Before I bought my S2000 I would see them from time to time. After buying mine I would see them all over the place. Same thing happened with my wifes Miata.

Well, it hasn't happened with the X. The last one I saw was several years ago. Since buying mine I have not seen one yet. I did get a lead on one. A guy came into the dealership and asked to talk to me about Fiats. I thought, "Oh man...this guy will talk my ears off." Turns out he was a friendly older guy that wanted to know how to sell his Fiats. I thought hmmm....I might be able to get a good price on one. He has a '79 X with under 30K. WOW...now it sounds really good. He tells me it had an ignition problem 15 years ago so he parked it................OUTSIDE :((( Damn....now it has major rust. One of his buddies told him it was worth $900. I told him good luck with it, but don't get your hopes up. I gave him the xweb address to post it for sale, but have not seen it yet. He also has a non-op 850 Spider. I don't know if it is rusty too.

At least now I will park my car out where it can be easily seen. Maybe I will get another lead on an X. There has to be more of them around.

Back