Cheap SOBs

bruakeman

True Classic
Who has been the tighest cheapskate? I bought my 85 X for $1500 and in the last 1 1/2 years, while using it as my daily driver, have spent less than $100 on it. Been a very reliable car!

$$$$

I "rescued" mine from Craigslist for $600. Totally rust free car. It had the clutch slave out. I put some tires on it, Miata seats in it, shaved the head. Probably all together about another $600 and some sweat equity. Been driving it ever since! Can't complain about the cost.

I drove it to work today!

HA! That's easy

Two of my friends and I went together and bought a black '78 X for $150. ($50 each) I knew the car and knew the problem with it but the owner was moving that day and had to get rid of it. So I took a timing belt with me, installed it and drove it home.

The three of us then autocrossed it for a full season doing nothing more than changing the oil. At the end of the season, one of our triad bought out the others and drove the car as a daily driver for several years. Other than regular maintenance, he didn't spend much of anything on it until the motor burned a valve at about 250K miles.

HA... All youse guys come see me in 27 years...

... and 168,000 miles...

$4000 initially in '84, $3500 to date... or $7500 total.

That equals $.02 CENTS a mile... or $277.77 a year.

HA... Most economical and fun ITEM of any kind I have ever owned!

Let me know if I haveta give up my "Mr. Frugal" title any time soon...

Back