Clean 79 X1/9 For Sale in Glenmont New York

Bad respray, 30 year old tires and I am not convinced that is original miles.. Remember with the 79 there is no carfax....:no:

re

I noticed the super-old tires. They actually made me more inclined to believe the miles. Good catch on the car-fax, that is suspicious.

What do see that makes you think re-spray?

Nucleus

I don't know about the quality of the repaint, but it does look like it was a quickie job intended for a resale; they didn't even bother to do any detailing like cleaning up the engine bay, etc.

It's a detail thing I see the tell tale signs also there is too much metal flake that I'm not sure would ever have been on these cars back then plus the metallic paint of the erra was in single stage and would not be shiny today hence the respray assumption.

Also the pics are in low light low Rez and bad angles

I have owned two ....

....black metallic 1979 X's. They both looked exactly like this one. Very heavy, shiny metallic. Always looked dusty to me. I think this car is legit. The interior looks low mileage, for sure.

....black metallic 1979 X's. They both looked exactly like this one. Very heavy, shiny metallic. Always looked dusty to me. I think this car is legit. The interior looks low mileage, for sure.

^^^ this + the seller owns a professional detail center so very easy to get it even shinier :sun:

not sure what the tell tail signs are but I see no over-spray in the door jams etc... only thing I find amazing is the nose seems stone chip free which could suggest touch-up.

the reserve must be close to $8995 which is what they have it listed for on their website.

http://video.carsforsale.com/vehiclevideo.aspx?vid=149110385

Surface rust on wheels, Surface rust on upper cross member engine compartment. Faded emblems and a broken valence on the rear. Clear evidence of bumper trim paint used on the rubber corners on the front. So its just a decent detail job on the paint forgetting everything else. If the car has been stored since 89 the miles may be original but I would run from this car. Who knows what it looks like underneath. Plus if you read the add the seller is forcing you to buy both cars and the other one is a parts car... Not worth the trouble...:confuse2:

I get all that but still confused about the bad respray comment.Even if it was a respray what is bad about it ?

Totally agree about buying a NY car you need to go look in person because they will rot from the ground up...so very common for the rear valance to be roached.

What appears to be surface rust on the upper cross member engine compartment is that tacky gummy rust preventative that they used in the 80s. I've seen it a lot. You can scrape it off with a thumbnail.

I wonder if Bob Brown saw the puny Negative battery cable connected to the corrosion bolt on the wall :eek:mg:

Oh and the clear evidence of bumper trim paint used on the rubber corners front could be excessive use of Armor All on the rag by the kid at the detail shop... just sayin' :hmm:

by the way you should use 303 :)

I wonder if Bob Brown saw the puny Negative battery cable connected to the corrosion bolt on the wall :eek:mg:

Naah, I don't notice them so much anymore. I see more of them in person than I do in photos. :shock:

Best $5 someone can spend, yet I see so many that don't. :mallet:

Back