Clutch disengagement problem

FiatFunk

True Classic
Having a problem getting my clutch to disengage. I just tried bleeding the slave and it was good as I thought it would be, I did that a couple years ago before I pulled it into the shop to do everything else.
I maxed out the screws on the push rod and I can just barely get it to disengage then. I don't remember having the screws all the way out and don't believe this is right.
Am I missing a piece or do I just have a few screws loose?

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_232041201.jpg
    PXL_20240420_232041201.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 28
Because I'm impatient and want to go for a test drive, actually just turn the car around w/o pushing it so I can run it w/o gassing myself, I put a socket in the sleeve behind the pushrod and now it works. I somehow don't think that's the correct fix tho and I hope I don't need that socket right away!
But it's weird, it disengages but only if the pedal is pushed part way, then it engages again.
**** I hope it's not the throwout bearing in the wrong position
Oh **** sorry I didn't realize you can't swear here

Last edited:
Cutch is self adjusting once properly set up. The clutch slave adjustment rod should be about in the middle position. The unable to release problem could be due to air in the system or dying to dead cylinders.

The system must be pressure bleed to function. Do this first.

If the clutch system does not bleed, replace both cylinders (master & slave).. then try bleeding the system again.

If the clutch is not fully disengaged for shifting gears, there is a risk of damaging syncros and more..

Bernice

Back