Coolant "T" install

pdxgeo

True Classic
Has anyone installed a coolant "T" that helps to burp the system? Id like to flush my coolant and refill it this weekend and I'm thinking about installing one but not certain which heater hose to connect it to...

This is on a 128 1300

Thanks

George
Portland OR

Shouldn't matter too much. Get the proper size, 5/8" I think is right, and put it in one of the heater hoses near the top of it's arc, so that the tee is where the air will go. Tighten gently, but firmly. Check often for leaks. Make sure that it's away from really hot parts, if it's plastic like mine.

The heater core circuit is independent of the thermostat and so will always flow according to the heater lever setting.

George,

The 128 engine block drain petcock is fairly easy to get to (under the exhaust header), as is the radiator petcock. Heater core hoses are easy enough to disconnect if you don't want to splice into them. After refilling the system I just run the engine for a bit without the radiator cap on to burp the system. The 128 radiators are high enough in the car that they don't seem to have the same trapped air issues the 124 spiders do.

Hi Court, thats actually what I did and there doesnt seem to be any air trapped. thank you for the reply. Im having so much fun with the car and it gets crazy attention around town. I will post pics soon of the logo and "stripe" I put on there.

Back