coolantline on twin webers

martijn

X addicted
I purchased a set of 40 webers DCNF with a manifold to replace the dual 36 dcnf which are currently on my car. This manifold has a waterpassage in it. my previous didn't

dsc05044ks.jpg

How do i hook op the hoses to create flow?

My first option was to line it serial with the heater hoses, but if the heater is closed, then i have no flow. I could line it parralel with the heaterhoses bij using 2 T pieces in the waterlines. Any suggestions are welcome.

WOW... what an unusual manifold...

What does the casting SAY on it? SUBITO?

As for the water passage... generally speaking, most high performance manifolds eliminate or block them. Most like to keep the inlet charge cooler, and therefore denser. Many performance manifolds sold here in the US purposely have these passages blocked when cast.

But there are others, that subscribe to other philosophies and like to WARM up the charge... and like you said, there are several ways to run a waterline to and through that particular intake.

I have no further suggestions or preferences as I subscribe to the former. I suppose if I lived in the Netherlands I might lean in a different direction... especially if you are using the car as a daily driver.

Martijn, you should post the picture of the installed webers with airbox in this post.
It’s looking amazing! Especially with the red Abarth logo.
All I can say is “Real nice, Higgie Baby!!!” :D

The 40 DCNFs should install on to the current intake manifold. They should have the same base dimensions. Linkage should be almost identical too.

The water passage is used to help warm up the carbs when engine/carbs are cold helping the fuel to /atomize/vaporize easier. Once the engine/cabs are warmed up, this heating will reduce the air/fuel density of the mixture and result in lower power. Good for helping the engine/carbs warm up faster under cold conditions, bad for power output once everything is warmed up.

Blocking off the water passage on this manifold with threaded plugs is easy enough.

Bernice

I purchased a set of 40 webers DCNF with a manifold to replace the dual 36 dcnf which are currently on my car. This manifold has a waterpassage in it. my previous didn't

How do i hook op the hoses to create flow?

My first option was to line it serial with the heater hoses, but if the heater is closed, then i have no flow. I could line it parralel with the heaterhoses bij using 2 T pieces in the waterlines. Any suggestions are welcome.

There are no waterpassages in the manifold, iets just a straight pipe. I will keep it disconnected for a while to see how it goes..thanks for the advice.

I thought maybe the manifold becomes hotter then the coolant temp because of the exhaust sitting directly onder it. Tye coolant is used to cool it back to 90 degrees celsius). But if bernice says it won't help i keep it disconnected.

Back