"Cooling system failure"

Not any more or any less prone then any other Iron block w/ an aluminum head motor. If your question is " Is this motor more prone to distortion versus a small 350 Chevy?" The answer is YES, the head does not do well with extreme over heating. The block is pretty stout and doesn't distort very easily.

Last edited:
I couldn't see anything about cooling system

Where did you get that idea.
The Fiat engine is not sensitive too overheating - up to a degree.
A real thermal shock may cause a blown head gasket or damage the head, depending on how hot it got and how lucky you are.

Not much of a support here, this is all I know.

Good luck

Go look at it. If the rest of the car is in good shape and he will take 350-400 then its a no brainer even if the motor is turned to goo. You can put a nice motor together or find a spare for pretty cheap.

Is there another CL post on this car or an email exchange with the seller? I don't see anything about rust or head gasket on the CL posted. I must be missing something :(

Regardless of the ADs, only the actual condition of the car matters.

What is hard reality, exxes with good condition bodies are becoming more difficult to find by the day. Too many were junked for the wrong reasons, like wore out clutch or etc.. In time, there will be even fewer of them on the road due to stuff like this.

If you have the space for another X, passion, interest and resources, the asking price is a bargain. Ask yourself what that amount of $ actually buys today? The fuel cost of towing the LeMons racer to a race exceeds the asking cost of this X..

Consider the bigger picture for a moment, those few $$$ is insignificant.

Bernice

He ran a couple of ads, description varied by ad.

Back