Cranked over the X today...

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
And it felt great. Mind you I still have to sort out one oil line (oil pres gauge). But it's almost ready to start!

BTW, if anybody is looking for a cool air filter that will fit on the end of the AFM, try your local Honda shop. Look for a Uni Filter that fits a 2005(ish) Honda TRX 250.

Pics to follow.

dsc00048ixb.jpg

dsc00050cpm.jpg

dsc00049tqa.jpg

dsc00051pvk.jpg

dsc00053u.jpg

Especially the pic of the sponge holder

you expecting a lot of spills?? :nana:

Some info on the car would be nice. Particularly the engine. Is this a regular X1/9 SOHC with aftermarket turbo or a Uno turbo engine? That coil over torque rod makes me wonder what kind of power is available... Adjustable shock mounts looks serious as well.

Hi Carl, I forget, some people may be new to the forum. This has been an ongoing Uno Turbo upgrade. Currently I'm bolting the Mk I Uno bits to a 1500 FI engine for mock up/fabrication and will use the engine as a test mule until I decide what I am going to do with my Uno motor (needs head work). The torque rod is just a mountain bike shock. I needed something as the torque rod that was on the car turned out to be a 1300 dogbone and not only was it too short, it was worn out. The eBay shock (dogbone) was/is a $12 experiment.

Right now, the only thing holding me up is the oil lines to and from the turbo.

Looks great...

Can't wait to see/hear it run... on the 30th. It will be running on the 30th... right?... ;-)

It should, I dont think it'll run well, but good thing Scott's place is jut across the river!

I have a few weeks/months of tuning coming up, I picked up the last of my megasquirt items, so thats next.

Oh, also picking up a pair of these...

seblk01.jpg

;)

Yes, May 30th...

Wanna go? We'd love you have you show up, ESPECIALLY in your spiffy newly rebuilt X!! :excited::excited:

I am trying hard to get it finished by then. I will come if I am finished. There are a couple of things going on in the mean time like my wife giving birth to our second son on Friday:).
That may delay things.:whistle:

Back