Crash Tested bumpers

rturchan

Baja Bob
I was rear ended tonight. My bumper brackets stood up well. Not my preferred method of testing though. A large F-250 set up to hold animals hit me at a red light. It took ten minutes and some wheelspin to pull us apart.
IMG_2008.jpg

Bob

Wow, glad your okay. hope the same for the X. If that's all that happened then you fared pretty well considering an F250 plus added conversion weight is what hit you. I bet you got pushed pretty far too.

Again sorry to here the bad news, good to know everybody is okay.

Geez Bob,

All that beautiful work you've done marred in a split second.
Glad all is OK, by the looks it could have been a LOT worse.
I see the bumper guard (if you can call it that) ran into your paint a little.
Hope the guy's got insurance.

I had a car that got totaled getting rear-ended by a Ford 150 a few years back.
No fun..

Awwww Crap, Bob! Glad yur OK...

Let me guess...

Was the "individual" texting, on the cell phone, or just on drugs?

Hey... get some really "good" estimates at some Ferrari dealer or Lambo dealer in Newport... Prices should include COMPLETE NEW TAILLIGHT assemblies and a COMPLETE repaint of the car to match the CUSTOM color... etc...

Then when ya go to get it really repaired... I know of a coupla good shops!

I was once rear ended near COC by some flaky student I saw pull out from the campus behind me... and cut off another vehicle when she did. Then to top it off... she runs into the rear of me at the next light... probably at about 15 mph at the time of impact. The stock aluminum bar bumper and shocks did their job PERFECTLY... and there was absolutely no damage. She did get a few lessons in Nautical Terminology for about 10 minutes though...

Again... glad yur OK and the damage was minimal.

Hope your OK...

Glad to see how well the brackets worked since I have a set :) A good reason for having the bumper blocks for those considering this type of mod (or going bumper-less).

Back