CULVER CITY CAR SHOW...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
My wife and I went to visit my daughter-in-law and g-kids yesterday and lo-and-behold... they live 1/2 block from downtown Culver City and had this rather interesting Car Show going on! I thought it was Father's Day! HA!

Here's some of the junk and rather eclectic cars they had on display on the streets... I estimate 400 - 600 overall.

Here's what appears to be a 303 or 324 Olds... kinda like I started wih 40 years ago in a T-Bucket

001-4.jpg

How 'bout a 350 V8 in the back of a Porsche...

005-2.jpg

... or a Blown SBC in a '40 Ford...

007-1.jpg

A stock '30 or '31 Model A Paddy Wagon with my Daughter-in-law Wendy...

010-1.jpg

BATSMART...

015-2.jpg

I fergit what this was... but it was a gas powered "tractor" at one time with tandem rear wheels...

012.jpg

HA... this is a foto of my little MONSTER Paige-y with this little Metropolitan MONSTER... That's a blown BBC with tags for the street also! Note the snowcone kinda matches the paint job.

014-1.jpg

Nice little gasser...

006-3.jpg

How 'bout a Stude powered ''28 or '29 Model A Roadster...

011-1.jpg

Two beauts... My oldest... 15 year old Piper with a nice Fiat 500...

013-2.jpg

Then there was this guy... and I told him he didn't belong there!

009.jpg

HA! George and I... like Beauty and the Beast! There was a Sports Car classification and George's Dallara was surrounded when I got there... I hope they gave him the honors he deserves!

008-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Pappa

I particularly like the Fordson '53 panel van. Reminds me of my days as a member of the Rainy City Cruisers in Manchester in the early '70s.
Good to see a 'catch-all' meeting with something for everyone attending.
Nice to to see some of your family too.:eek:mg::worship:

Enjoyed the pics

and your family, they all look great.
Did you say 400 cars? That's America man...

Well... that very first pic brought this song to mind...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbfnh1oVTk0"]YouTube- Rocket 88 (Original Version) - Ike Turner/Jackie Brenston[/ame]

WOW Jim...

That video has it all from about '53 to '56. What the girl has to do with anything... I dunno... but she appears to be a "classic" also!

HA!

Here's a CLASSIC photo of me and my Rocket 88 back in the day...

T_Bkt1.jpg

Tony...

Great thread, and I love the pictures of you from the past. You sir had a set of guns on you.

Also, that Rocket 88 must have been one hell of an E ticket ride.

Keep up the great photos!

Eric Armstrong

Whoa... I'n not sure what ya mean...

... but I hope it's NOT what I think... HA!

As for the Olds... I never found out. I had it running but never rode in the car.

Sold it 20 years later and it took another 10 to finish. Then the owner died, his widow offered it back to be... but my wife said...
"It took 20 years to get rid of that thing..."

HA!

But I have ridden in others and yes... it is the "Harley" of Hot Rods...

I still LUST over T-Buckets... but for my big guns (whatever those are) and now my big arse, I doubt I could fit in one any more!

Papa Tony was right!!!!

Tony,
three days after the Culver City Car Show ended I received a call from one of the event organizers telling me that a Trophy was waiting for me (I didn't show up at the awards cause 99% were American cars and my little Fiat was so scared...)
We received the Best Sports Car award from George Barris !!!!! cool
awards.jpg

WOW... Congrats George...

Ya know... Mr. Barris and I go way back... it was probably because of our friendship that you got the award... You owe me!

HA!

Secondly... I did pretty well myself this weekend... 3rd Place in Class with over 300 Corvettes competing in San Diego. Looks like this was a great weekend for both of us!

015-3.jpg

PlasticVette.jpg

Back