Custom License Plates

Love that one...

You could also have TARDIS, as we all know the X1/9 sure can carry a lot of stuff, despite it's being a small mid-engined car.
P.S. Do you keep a sonic screwdriver in your X's tool kit?
Rolf

WHOOEY-HOO! Is what my 3 year old daughter would say...

... when she saw anyone naked!

HAHAHAHA... and Whoo-ooo is what my wife yelled on our outing last Sunday as we ran threw miles and miles of twisties near Mt Baldy!

I love those plates!

Until I return to the "World of X" ownership...

vtwelve.jpg

Thanks Tony..

MOON RKT sounds cool as well. Have any photos of the cockpit and the blue lights?
Rolf.

Hey Tardis- This is of course.....

The source of inspiration for your license plate right?
Rolf.
3b_02.jpg

doctor_who_star_wars_20_440x330.jpg

Hey Rolf...

No... If I could remember I might be able to capture that.

I also installed some after-market pedal covers in brushed aluminum with "vents" that are back lit in blue, and some BLING WSW nozzles and rear license plate bolts that all lit up in blue. My wife was pulled over for them as CA law says blue lights are just for cops. I must admit it was a bit over the top... and she got out of an equipment violation by PROMISING them she'd (kick my ass) and make me remove them.

I also would not recommend blue for guage lights as it make things hard to see and the "moodiness" wears off real fast.

For the X... there are direct replacement BLUE or RED or GREEN bulbs you can buy but its best to remove the GREEN covers you'll find inside the instrument pod and then its still hard to see, even with WHITE guage faces and a BROWN WIRE MOD insuring you have good voltage to the bulbs. On the X, I pulled them out and went with higher wattage GE W5W bulbs and am now enjoying my night driving.

Addendum to Tony's suggestion

Pulling out the colored caps (internal to the gauge cluster)
IS a good idea to help brighten the faceplate. Adding 5W #194
bulbs WILL brighten things up, but take note that by doing this,
you are adding (5w x 4) 20 watts! of light to the back of your
console. That's a LOT.

Consider adding these as an alternative to the 5 Watt bulb:
They are available on eBay. Search for: White 194 SMD LED
They take about 50ma each vs. 400ma for the 5-watt bulbs
and give off approx. the same light.

Hope this helps!

5612.1.jpg

Back