Decisions, decisions...

SciFi65

True Classic
Well folks, I've got my eye on a car that was the first type car I ever owned (1971 Dodge Challenger, 440 SixPack). If I decide to get this I may have to get rid of my X :( Wouldn't have the room for it. Let me know what you all think....worth it or not?

dodge2.jpg

dodge3.jpg

dodge4.jpg

dodge5.jpg

dodge6.jpg

dodge7.jpg

dodge8.jpg

Don't do it!!!

Temptation is just one of the many Challengers a loyal X owner must face.
:) -Doug

Last edited:
Exactly sweet Challenger... but is it an automatic???

I would want the 4speed stick I'm just sayin'... OH and did you hit lotto :laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSi14d8TW8k&feature=PlayList&p=F44EEE93208F96DD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=38"]YouTube - The Bucket List Challenger--Trailer[/ame]

Keep your X, Greg...

An "X" is much easier to af-Ford.-Doug (Sorry, best I could do on short notice)

Actually, it is a great time to buy a classic musclecar. With the economy in the toilet the muscle car prices have come WAY down. You can get a pretty good deal if you have the money. There are a lot of people taking great losses to get rid of cars they cannot afford. I wish I knew this would happen a few years ago when I bought my Charger. For what I paid then I could have got a REALLY nice car now.

No worries Doug

Exxies are in my blood! Stay tuned for the Stealth Black Dallara kit I have going on now...still finishing the mechanicals & suspension but the world premiere should be in September sometime...just picked up a NOS dual Ansa from BB,new leather buckets, door panels,carpet etc.etc.etc...

oh and the Ford itch is always scratched... here is my '06 Blown Whipple 490RWH

stang.jpg

stang1.jpg

Yes, but not just muscle cars...

TR6's are way down in price, as are C4 and C5 vettes, certain Alfa's, late model Honda S2000's, and more importantly from an investment standpoint, 230-280 pagoda SLs. If I were looking for an automotive blue chip right now, I would go with a pagoda. The crash that just happened in the last several years with Hemi values has saddled collector muscle Mopars with a stigma from which they may take a very long while to recover. Pagoda's by comparison, have a strong foreign as well as domestic following, so a flat US demand will not have nearly as severe a consequence for their overall market prices. On a fun per dollar basis though, I'd still take an X over all of them.
-Doug

Glad to hear it!

Can't wait to see it, Greg. Do you have any "project in progress" pix, or are you holding out to maximize the impact of the unveiling? BTW, very nice late model Stang! -Doug

Once I get into the body kit

I'll get some photos going... Only prepping done so far is took the Corsa kit off and stored for a "rainy day". Finishing up the calipers,rotors,SS brake lines, IAP springs & KYB's this weekend! Fabbing the Ansa is going to be a hurdle...radiator is next.
All blacked out (inside/out) is going to be very nice I think...also have a mint low 75-78 Engine lid with Duckbill in the back :cool:

It is all about how it drives, not looks....

The early 70's Dodges, late 60's mustangs , corvettes, etc all drive poorly in my humble opinion. They look good, produce power but don't turn, brake or even hook up and accelerate as the horespower would suggest. If you want value, get a late model vette. Otherwise the X is the best. I understand the temptation, as I too went down the dark path. Had a '69 big block vette with A/C and a 4 speed. Full nut and bolt resto to NCRS gold standard and I hated to drive it. Steering was loose, ride was terrible and it didn't turn worth a damn. Anyway the Porsche is probably the best import for power and handleing. A BMW , especially the M model is pretty good too.
Of course the appreciation of the vehicle is an important consideration. The Fiats have not gone up in price EVER. We all know that. The Chrysler will hold its own.
Good luck with the decision.
Bob

Kinda Timely

due to the Chrysler/FIAT marriage...

IMO, every gear head deserves to own a Detroit Muscle tire burner, fun in their own way...

As always, it's really depends on where your passion lies.
Me, about zero interest in Detroit Muscle cars, but sure would not mind owning a Pre war American car like a Packard, Cord, Auburn, Franklin.....

Strange as it might be, I really enjoy these cars in many, many ways..This was the golden age of American automobiles.

It should NOT be a decision, but simply an...

ADDITION!

I just bought a '69 Vette last October... not as pure as this Challanger... but still primarily a straight-line, "kinda priceless" vehicle. I do abuse it once in a while... but it will never replace the Black-Tooth.

Find a way to keep them both... you will not regret THAT decision!

Back