Delta A-411 cam question

RobV

Low Mileage
I just purchased a reground A-411 cam from Midwest and I know I will have to re-shim the valves but I am wondering if I need to change out the valve springs to prevent damage to the cam/valve train from spring bind up due to the extra valve lift. Does anyone know if this is a concern? I am installing this cam in a 1300 (1978) motor.

springs

Ya really should talk to Matt at midwest. He has years of racing experience with the X and can tell you all you need to know

Lift

Hi,

In my opinion and experience stock springs will do just fine there is no issue with coil binding, as the lift on the Delta is just over 1MM more than stock (.040), not enough to worry about. If you've refaced your valves and dressed the seats you've probably given that much back and then some. Typically you're not worried about coil bind till you get to the 12mm lift range.

-Matt

If you not like to invest in Isky racing springs than you can deep valve spring base on milling machine-or if you have or make tool you not need mill .... installed height on OE heads is 36mm I use 37-37.5mm and is safe and if you have your valves lightened /retainers too? you will have less power consumption from valve springs(25-35kp)in one revs on 8 spring ..
but Isky is best option
Before week I do that for some friend -installed Delta cam and cut cam box for 1.7 mm for use shims less than 4mm....

Back